Display blood group?

Use this forum to chat abort anything else related to CQB.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Skog
Law Enforcment

Display blood group?

Post by Skog » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:13 pm

Do you normally wear any sign displaying what blood group you are?

Do you wear it on your uniform or your bullet-proof vest all the time or only on your "high risk"/assault gear?

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Wed Jan 14, 2009 2:05 am

The people who need to know, have the information.

stevenvb

Post by stevenvb » Fri Sep 04, 2009 12:55 pm

I've got a UTAG Digital dogtag.
Bloodtype , ...

geryban

Post by geryban » Sun Nov 29, 2009 10:20 pm

i am superstitious... my bloodgroup was in my boots, my helmet, and in my uniform. i know some SAS guys who have a tattoo with their bloodgroup in their chest, or arm.
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

birddog
Military

Re: Display blood group?

Post by birddog » Wed Dec 16, 2009 11:57 pm

Skog wrote:Do you normally wear any sign displaying what blood group you are?

Do you wear it on your uniform or your bullet-proof vest all the time or only on your "high risk"/assault gear?
The display of your BLOODTYPE on your uniform / Tactical gear is mandatory for some agencies and optional for others. If your agency requires it, then follow the departments SOP. If not, here are some ideas:

1) Get military style dog tags (4) and engrave your Bloodtype on them. Put one each in the lacing of your duty boots, one in your wallet and the last on on a chain necklace.

2) Get military style BDU nameplate tape (embroidered type) have a local tailor embroider your bloodtype onto the tape. Then have him/her sew one into the waist line of your duty pants, one on the inside of your vest and one more under your shirt collor in the rear.
They say that hard work never killed anyone, but why take that chance ?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 4:49 am

Skog wrote:Do you normally wear any sign displaying what blood group you are?

Wear it where the medic in your team or group knows to look (e.g. some units do it only here and here, inside the thigh leggings for example). Remember if you have an injury where the medic has to cut off your clothing in that area then you should mention it to them, you might be unconscious so have a back-up area with a spare. Mention blood type, allergies, past medical history or medication - it is very important. Make sure your team mates know, that information is just as important and can be given to a first responder quicker than him or her searching for it on your person.

Weight and height are good ones but can alter quite a bit, put information that is needed for the first responder first, maybe carry one for hostpital staff - with more detailed information like this.

Remember: you can also help yourself by not wearing any jewellery (ladies: no make-up and nail polish) or tight clothing. It all adds up. :D

If you're that bad, make sure the hospital, local doctors, ect know about you and have your information in their database.

You can just get a bit of paper and stick it inside your jacket, it's only a sign to tell the medic or first responder about you. Hope this helps?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun May 08, 2011 12:21 pm

You can also get medical "bracelets" and "necklaces" - quite like dog tags but without the SHINE and no doubt come in all kinds of colours. Though they sound girly, they are uni-sex. The more manly ones are like a rubber wristband and they can have good information that the hospital would want to see. The local GP or hospital will no doubt have some if you nip in. Maybe they could be implemented in your squad or trialed as they do not take up space, weight and are no trouble to wear.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue May 31, 2011 7:41 am

Other good things to have written on you:

NKA - No Known Allergies.
NKDA - No Known Drug Allergies, but may have other allergies, i.e. food, pollen etc.
NO PEN - Penicillin allergy.
NO PCN - Penicillin allergy, less used form.

Ryan

Re:

Post by Ryan » Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:30 am

geryban wrote:i am superstitious... my bloodgroup was in my boots, my helmet, and in my uniform. i know some SAS guys who have a tattoo with their bloodgroup in their chest, or arm.
Would it actually be used? I mean a first responder or team medic who knew you could deal with you fine and not worry about it. But with a medical team on stand-by, say if you were medevaced, would it actually matter? I don't think they'd actually bother with a tattoo or looking at your equipment to find any details, and even if they did, would they be used? Because it may be wrong at the end of the day. They'd probably still test your blood type to confirm, but at least they'd have some blood on stand-by just incase if they did use that information.

What other information goes with your bloodgroup?

geryban

Post by geryban » Mon Jul 18, 2011 1:52 pm

I talked about superstition. i have never think these signs can help your medical aid :) bloodgroup tattoo, badges, whatewer all about that, i think.
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:44 am

Just there to cure paranoia? For show? :lol: Oh well. I'd hope at least they'd put a back-up of that bloodgroup on stand-by just incase.

geryban

Post by geryban » Wed Jul 20, 2011 11:48 am

Off:
Ryan wrote:Image
What is this googles?
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Jul 21, 2011 8:22 am

NVGs? Fast helmet with quad panoramic NVGs. Developed for pilots to get more field of vision but used by SF. It had a tag on the side, hence why I put it here, you could tag your bloodtype and stuff there, or within the helmet. Outside would be good for combat medics without having to take off your helmet.

http://defense-update.com/products/q/quadeye.htm

GPNVG's... Peripheral vision is enhanced for the infantry fighter.

Around $65,000 a pop.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Aug 25, 2012 1:55 pm

Very interesting read in BHD in which the Delta medic was actually considering a direct transfusion, in which any transfusion is rare on the battlefield, for a casualty suffering a gunshot would to the thigh, in which he suspects, due to no exit wound, it has penetrated the pelvic area and severed the iliac arteries. He notes that they do not carry blood but only IV, he already has two IV sets running and considers to use one for a direct blood transfusion using a Ranger with the same blood type. He goes against it on the basis that it is unsafe at that present moment and that help will be on its way shortly.

Return to “General Discussions”