bulletproof vests

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

perfectskin69

bulletproof vests

Post by perfectskin69 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:03 pm

whats your opinion for BSST vests for le duty use???
any other suggestions???
http://www.bsst.de/content/en/M0202P002 ... nu=0&sl=P6

Ryan

Re: bulletproof vests

Post by Ryan » Sat Jun 23, 2012 1:39 pm

What's the most common threat in terms of projectile weaponry you come across? That suggests a level of protection. Light, durable material helps -- so does easily 'urban' camouflage ones that aren't bulky and don't restrict as much range of motion.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

perfectskin69

Post by perfectskin69 » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:54 pm

most common threat?ak as usual!!!all kinds of ak from china to russian made!!and 9mm,45acp pistol cartriges
as for th AK i know ceramic platres but for an 8hour street patrol not the easiest duty!!
as for pistols i believe most vest have good protection but whats best for it's money??

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:57 pm

You're being serious? You want 7.62 protection? That's tough man. Don't Cops usually carry that kind of gear in the trunk/boot of their vehicle and not for casual wear and tear? For 9mm, wouldn't a level III do just about everything? I think it would. Just make sure it FITS right and fully expands the thoracic area, especially around the aortic arch.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

perfectskin69

Post by perfectskin69 » Mon Jun 25, 2012 3:45 am

no we don't wear every day plates for the AK we are not that mad!!!hahaha!!!as you said inside trunk and when you think you need them you use them!!!
i am interested more for brands of bullet proofs!!!the service provide us elmon (if you ever heard of it) vests greek made,but in our market play the engarde the swedish BA and Bsst so i try to find whats best for me!!!

seal236

Post by seal236 » Sat Sep 01, 2012 5:10 pm

I think vest and protection choices are based on the mission of the team.

Overseas we hump long distances in mountains at altitude. We wear a kevlar helmet and single stand alone plates. Total weight in protection is around 10lbs not including ammo etc.

If you are driving in a convoy during the day with high prob of IED then wear everything! Neck/ groin/ etc.

If you are in the US and you go from a car to a house wear it all including using the shield. To often I see a lot of SRT/ SWAT guys who want to look cool and wear stuff like half shells and smaller plates. Don't gamble your life to look cool.

Though ABC (Always BeCool) always applies . And if you have no idea what you are doing ALC Always Look Cool

Return to “Gear - General Discussions”