I'm not really sure that the good section to post this. Feel free to move it
Today, Mediapart (a french media) publish an internal report following the RAID Assault against terrorist in Saint Denis (near Paris, France).
The information was soon redistributed on other media, like this one
http://www.francetvinfo.fr/faits-divers ... 94399.html
The information is biased, as mediapart do a living of being the itching powder of more consensual media.
However, It has already published some very important political news, and has a reputation of doing a fine investigation jobs. They used the scientific police report to establish this article.
As this all come from one source (the scientific police report, supposedly) I could not stress enough of the lack of fiability. But theses information are still interesting, confirming other, older, testimonies.
I will try to translate the mains factual points :
- Fired ammunition : Despite the assault force report heavy fire, scientific police find only 11 shots from the terrorists (9mm parabellum).
- No assault rifle were founded during investigations. This contradict government coverage soon after the assault, indicating "in-interrupting fire with assaults rifle against polices forces"..
- More than 1500 ammunition were shooted by the police forces.
- None of the 1500 shots have found their target. Two of the terrorist were killed by the blast of their suicide vest. The other was dead from asphyxia (explosion create rubble which seems to have buried her).
- four ballistic shields were used, in addition of their helmets. Seventeen (17) impact were found in front of them, supposedly from the terrorist [didn't find any explanation of the difference between these 17 and the 11 from the scientific police, nor the caliber of theses impacts.]
- More important : forty (40) other impacts were found from the inside of theses protections. So, from blue on blue fire.
- Five policeman were wounded during the assault. French forces refuses to discuss about the causes of their wound. Some were wounded in their lower back.
- French forces decides to use a saturation fire, to avoid any kamikaze. They've shoot till 07:30. (Two of the terrorist explodes themselves at 05:00. The whereabout of the third, and last, are unknown, but I highly doubt that rubble wait till 07:30 to buried her after the explosion)
- French forces tried to do an explosive breach, but the explosive didn't work.
- French forces did shoot bystanders (no precision about stray bullet or target mistake by sniper).
- The attack dog , Diesel, seem to have been killed by a shotgun round (Raid first spoke of a Brenneke.) Terrorists didn't have any shotgun (or more exactly, scientific didn't find any clue that they could have had one), so blue on blue are also a trail here. As our DOJ didn't ask for an autopsy of the dog, we can't know for certain.
I would love to have the RAID version of the events, but don't think the will be published uncensored, if they are even published.
I also couldn't stop remembering of how the assault was reused for a political standing.