Nutrition

Moderator: jimothy_183

Nutrition

Postby Alfa47 » Sat Oct 01, 2016 7:26 pm

What should a person that wants to loose weight/get fit eat?
What should an operator eat?
Alfa47

Re: Nutrition

Postby Breacher01 » Mon Oct 03, 2016 3:04 pm

If you want to get fit fast/lose weight can't advise you. There are so many (some contradicting) diets.

An operator should eat healthy, and high in calories. When you are active in the field combat rations are your breakfast lunch and dinner. Most countries have things similar to MRE's but often healthier and tastier. If you want I can post the contents of my combat rations. Just ask.
Breacher01

Postby PhillipFortner8613 » Wed Oct 05, 2016 3:42 pm

If you want to lose weight, you want to be in a caloric deficit — want to eat less calories than your resting calorie burn number. Cycling/swimming an hour or so seem to be great methods of burning calories. While walking an hour too burns quite a lot of calories, cycling/swimming does more. Try low-carb but high protein diet but make sure you mix in all of the nutrients because it's needed for your body.

If you want to maintain your weight, try to eat calories just around the number of your resting calorie burn amount and that is considering you're not that physically active.

You should try out other forums — particularly made for fitness — to get a better grasp. http://www.bodybuilding.com/ is a great start. You can also have a look around YouTube — many personal trainers/regular guys have started up channels to help people like you get fit.

Once you get a good grasp of how fitness generally is, you should be able to understand how to eat healthy, even as a tactical operator. As a matter of fact, you'll learn how to eat healthy in any situation. It's sort of making a good base for yourself and branching out from there.

I hope I was able to help you, good luck!

Yours,
Phillip.
PhillipFortner8613

Postby Alfa47 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:09 am

Breacher01 wrote:If you want I can post the contents of my combat rations. Just ask.

Please do! Lol, thanks.
Alfa47

Postby Alfa47 » Sat Oct 08, 2016 11:10 am

PhillipFortner8613 wrote:I hope I was able to help you, good luck!

Thanks.
Alfa47

Postby Breacher01 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:05 pm

Breakfast/Lunch for 24h

- 1 x Grip-lock sachet (for waste).
- 1 x sachet of salt.
- 4 x 5grams of sugar.
- 1 x candy bar.
- 1 x roll of dextrose tablets with extra vitamins.
- 1 x box of matches in zip-lock bag
- 1 x pack of chewing gum
- 2 sachets of instant soup.
- 1 x sachet beef bouillon
- 3 x biscuits, combined 100g/450Kcal
- 3 packets pate
- 1 x fruit jam
- 1 x fruit syrup
- 2 x instant coffee
- 2 x coffee whitener
- 2 x tea bags
- 2x instant coco powder
- 1 x energy sports drink
- 1 x Herbal drink mix.

This is to combined with an evening meal and provides 2400Kcal up to 3200Kcal depending on the extra nutrition. This is all you need to survive and remain active in combat, more calories are better in combat conditions, less are better when trying to lose weight.

This breakfast/lunch provides about 1900kcal per box, and 2700 with an issued dinner. in combat conditions no one cares about calories intake. 3000+ Kcal is fine, under harsh conditions.
Breacher01

Return to Fitness