Splitting Up and Categorizing Entries

Moderator: jimothy_183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Splitting Up and Categorizing Entries

Post by Ryan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 11:37 pm

I'm trying to come up with the best method to split up and categorize entries and their configurations.

For example--

TYPE: Dynamic, slow, covert, subdued.
STACKED: Y/N (Stacked or stackless, from what side of the door)
SUPPORTED: Y/N (Supported or not)
LP/IE: (Limited or immediate)
SUBTYPE (If required): (I.e. J-hook, side-stepping vs C buttonhook)
Configuration: (I.e. did you use a cross-configuration of techniques for example a HIGH/LOW LIMITED ENTRY that is often not cited, or some other configuration of multiple "drills" coming together for example leaning into the entry)

Then detail on the room....

TYPE: Box, linear, L-shaped, etc.
Corner/center fed: (Or whatever else)
Short/Long: (Short room or not)
Door: (Type, material, way it opened, etc)
Windows: (Windowless or not, type of windows)
Additional information: (I.e. elongated entry, picture of entry, diagram of room, etc)

Successful: Y/N (Failure or not, defined by established parameters i.e. casualties)

Detail on breaching...

TYPE: (Thermal, mechanical, ballistic, etc)
Target: (Type of target, materials, etc)
Specific information: (I.e. NEW, calcs used, material used, etc)

Basically a breacher log.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Splitting Up and Categorizing Entries

Post by jimothy_183 » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:10 am

Sounds like a a comprehensive system you got there.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

Ryan

Re: Splitting Up and Categorizing Entries

Post by Ryan » Sat Aug 29, 2015 7:52 am

:lol: Took me five minutes, more like a clusterfuck at the moment. Once I get it in my head and in order, it'll be an asset. Until then... it's f---ed.

Here's my thought process... we all do a buttonhook, right? WHAT MAKES IT DIFFERENT? Some people push off the doorjamb, some off the floor, some come off the wall and angle into the room, some stay to the wall and follow the doorjamb around, some make a full "C" shape, some a "J" shake with the lower end of the J coming into the room, some make a "V" shape where the lower end of the V bounces off the doorjamb. They're all different subtypes.

Another example is leaning out. Some people plant their feet, get lower to hip level, roll out by leaning on different angles. Some people have level and height changes mixed in, come in from different parts of the doorjamb, some step-out instead of roll-out. Some incorporate the lean into an entry so they can see the hardcorner from threshold. Some do it from the corner ("near"), others go "far" away from the corner.

So...

Let's think of some variations. Some variants of typical entries. And how they affect the entry. Better/worse?

Example: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2624
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Training, General Discussions”