operator Numbers

Moderator: jimothy_183

operator Numbers

Postby birddog » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:24 am

We use a numbering sytem for our shooters.

leader is me/point
#1 is my XO/ right side shooter
#2 is My senior LT/ left side shooter
#3 is my Sniper/right side shooter
#4 is my son/left side shooter
#5 is my right side shooter
#6 is my SAW/left side shooter
#7 is my rear guard

Everyone knows thier possitions in any formation.
They say that hard work never killed anyone, but why take that chance ?
birddog
Military

Postby jimothy_183 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:39 am

Aw man, you just had to make this thread while I was making a thread about Rigid team structures vs. Non Rigid team structures didn't you? :lol:

I think it is a difference of Flexibility over Simplicity with Non rigid being more flexible and Rigid being more simple.

Our team uses a Non rigid system. How we do it is the leader will order the team to form up on an operator with the operator at the front of the formation being point man while whoever forms up at the back will be the rear guard.

I like doing it this way as I like to be more flexible with my team.

I guess birddog likes his way because everyone knows their position, hence the reason why I say it is more simple.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus
jimothy_183
Military

Postby birddog » Thu Oct 02, 2008 2:40 am

With my group, simplicity is GOLDEN !
They say that hard work never killed anyone, but why take that chance ?
birddog
Military

Postby KJ » Thu Oct 02, 2008 7:23 pm

yes with our team it works good. we have been training on this and other formation we will be doing this until i feel comfortable that everyone knows it with out a question
KJ
Civilian

Postby jimothy_183 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:02 am

Are there real life teams out there that use fluid or non rigid structures?
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus
jimothy_183
Military

Postby jcheng14 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 7:40 am

Haven't been on lately because we just started up an airsoft team. Already we are one of the best CQB teams in this area. We found that we have to use a non-rigid flexible system because people must always drop out to cover a hall or angle while the rest of the team moves through. It's too hard to keep a constant movement in this manner with a rigid system.
jcheng14
Civilian

changing positions

Postby geryban » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:29 am

if your team want to be fast, you have to be non rigid. you have to change positions in formation, when you move room to room, and the common part of building is shift about (Its a good word, i hope) if you stay the positions you have to compose your formation every aftercorners and rooms. it is lot of time... non tactics, its theme of psichology, and friendship: in real, the risk of the positions are unequal...
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!
geryban

Re: operator Numbers

Postby Ryan » Tue May 17, 2011 5:17 am

To be fast you have to be a little unconventional. I see teams doing all the obs (obstacle) crossings at roadways and dirt roads, taking a few minutes at time and a lot of hassle. We, even though we fully understand how to do it and why it is effective, decide whether or not we should and most of the time it's a no and we just check the area then scoot over. Speed is security.

Geryban do you mean changing formations automatically by shifting around the room if the room layout needs it? This would apply in most scenarios anyway in all kinds of formats. It should be done not by muscle memory but by common sense and it is definately a great point.

I believe you need to keep it simple in CQB as it's going to happen fast and it has to happen smooth, flexibility should be apart of that. Jimothy's way of doing this in a non-rigid format sounds best.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."
Ryan

Re: operator Numbers

Postby tacticalguy » Tue Apr 10, 2012 12:47 am

Non-rigid system has worked for me the best.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)
tacticalguy

Return to Archive