How Many Bags do you have and what are they for?

Use this forum to chat abort anything else related to CQB.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Jack
Law Enforcment
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

How Many Bags do you have and what are they for?

Post by Jack » Sun Dec 07, 2008 3:09 am

I carry several bags and they each have a purpose. I try to carry as few bags as possible, but I still manage to carry a good number of them. Right now I have seven working bags. How many do you have and what are they for?
Last edited by Jack on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:15 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skog
Law Enforcment
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Skog » Wed Jan 07, 2009 11:08 pm

I only have two bags. I bring both with me in the patrol car. The first consist of clothing for cold weather and isolation missions. Different types of headgear, gloves, and protective equipment, an non uniformed jacket for undercover and surveilance and some other "need to have" things.

My second bag is for the heavy bullet proof west and helmet.

What do you carry in your belt/pockets during normal duty?

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Thu Jan 08, 2009 2:48 am

But I always have my G27, Tactical Folder, tiny note pad and small pencil(kept in jean watch pocket), and small Stream light.
Last edited by Jack on Sat Jul 03, 2010 2:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

Skog
Law Enforcment

Post by Skog » Thu Jan 08, 2009 9:31 am

Any first aid kit?

I got myself a couple of compresses. Two medium sized ones and two really large ones. And also some elastic bandage to make them stay on the wound. I was recommended this for gun shot wounds by some rescuers on the airborne ambulance. An easy and clean way to stop the bleeding until evac. The big ones can be used for shotgun wounds were part of the arm/foot is blown away.

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:37 am

I have a number of first aid kits that are scattered throughout my gear. One tip is to have cough drops in your recon bag. That way if you get out in the field, doing recon or a stalk, you won't give away your position by coughing.

arthur
Military

Post by arthur » Sun Jan 11, 2009 12:06 am

you can also bring adult size diapers for the longer than 48 hours.it works as long you pay attention because one could attract flies.change at night once you know it full.

Skog
Law Enforcment

Post by Skog » Sun Jan 11, 2009 9:01 pm

Haha! That´s pretty hard core! :D

assaulter

Post by assaulter » Tue Jan 20, 2009 7:18 am

my first aid kit consists of a C.A.T tourniquet, several tampons, penetant cream so to avoid baboon ass. I now buy my quick clot at the vet supply place, as it is the same thing but one tenth the cost. but i will be adding lozenges

play safe

arthur
Military

Post by arthur » Fri Jan 23, 2009 5:45 am

becareful of using quick clot type wound dressing.so far their a warning of heart failure or blood clots in the veins.make sure that you get enough proper training from a medical professional (paramedic or trauma doctor)before you use it.

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:34 pm

Thanks for the info Arthur.

Return to “General Discussions”