YouTube gun channels

Use this forum to chat abort anything else related to CQB.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Iamsheepdog

YouTube gun channels

Post by Iamsheepdog » Fri Jun 02, 2017 5:58 pm

Being there are so many gun channels and pages on YouTube and everyone selling their opinions and training for either subscribers or to promote their training courses, which channels out there do you guys feel are guys that are just "tacticool" and those that are legit in their ideology?
"The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory"- Sun Tzu

Ryan

Re: YouTube gun channels

Post by Ryan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:18 am

A little note is to not trust Youtube channels a whole lot. Some of them are great, demonstrating certain things... but some are god damn awful. There's a few "famous" ones that talk about wound ballistics, CQB, etcetera, and are terrible. Just a quick warning. Youtube for me is overly tacticool.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Iamsheepdog

Post by Iamsheepdog » Sat Jun 03, 2017 3:55 pm

I completely agree wich is why I was introduced to this for the fact this subject requires reality and I think most channels target flashy looking styles that are for show, they look cool but are they really applicable to real life situations? No and most are trainers that want people to join their program so they wanna look like john wick. Instructor zero is one guy that's like that but anyway I just didn't know if anyone had much trust in any channel at all. Politics are prob going to eradicate any worth while material anyway
"The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory"- Sun Tzu

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:03 pm

I've seen those... The NutinFancyProject. I can't stand sthe whole ideologie of taking care of yourself against anyone or anything(from flees to the illuminati controlled trump clone army). Furthermore all channels claiming to have tactical experience mean training, not dirt office work... Some "iraqvet88" ' channel sucks. That russian dude sucks.

Channels I enjoy about guns are "Forgotten weapons", VERY knowledgeble about historic weapons, and how they fit in thier timeframe. I like "Hickok45" his channel because he gets to loan super fancy equipment, tells millions of viewers why some weapon is good in theory and bad in practise. and gunsmiths and manufacturers take it as it is an go to work improving thier design.

Besides that there are no gun related channels I recall which annoy me or I find very interesting.

Tactical video's I can't watch anymore, they all tell different crap, and the truth is that no actual operator has time for a Youtube channel. Most advises collide with my field experience. I don't take a whole day to film an entry, but I do 3 entries on an average day.

Self-defence/Martial arts is also something that only works inside the dojo.

I should make my motto here that the only plan thats guarenteed to fail is in scripted events where the opposition knows how to react. Quite like in those H/B -ollywood productions.

Iamsheepdog

Post by Iamsheepdog » Sat Jun 03, 2017 9:25 pm

Couldn't agree more, real operators and people who do these jobs don't have time to worry about YouTube and have a much bigger prioritized list of things in their life they worry about. Yankee marshal, James Yeager and all those guys are just flat out irritating to me, but didn't know if there was a not so main stream channel worth checking out. I do enjoy Hickok45, he doesn't push an opinion but reviews a firearm and simply tells you what he thinks of it and keeps it simple wich I like. My dad was a range instructor for many years and top 10 in the governors 20 in my state and he now teaches conceal carry classes and he has seen marines and guys out of the army go in for the shooting portion and can't hit the broad side of a barn. Not to say military personnel aren't good shots or professionals because obviously most are, but just because an instructor on YouTube says I have military background so therefore I'm qualified to train you doesn't always amount up to a pile of shit. What irritates me is the advice they are giving is meant to defend yourself or your life if that's what your looking for and they give horrible tactics and methods that could potentially not do a damn thing for you, people uneducated see this person shoot the eye off a bird while doing cartwheels and they think damn! I wanna learn what that guy does and take his advice and that honestly it's never real life applicable tactics

Return to “General Discussions”