Police Brutality

Use this forum to chat abort anything else related to CQB.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Police Brutality

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 17, 2016 12:44 pm

Just wanted to ask this... what do you guys think about police brutality or the type of training we advocate and police brutality?

We push a lot of limited entries, to see the room from the door, to engage from the door, to save Officers lives. This is made for a threat. Your average cop may see it as "cool hardcore shit" like you're SF but it's just survival coupled with your skills to achieve the best outcome. That is -- you alive, suspect alive, hostages alive. Suspect may be injured. If an immediate threat to live with a firearm, he may die on scene in following firefight. But it's not made to kill, kill, kill. It is meant to safe your life, keep visual into the room, and allow a platform to engage accurately and in a safer manner. Even if you are taken out, your partner can engage without losing the angle (split targets). Limited is all about observation and being prepared for a threat against the door--so you can make entry safer. I just wanted to put this out there. Being READY to PULL THE TRIGGER against a THREAT. This requires identifying that the person is an actual immediate threat to life.

I mean we talk VOA and aggression, speed, surprise all day. I don't want anyone who visits getting the wrong idea. Some Rambo gun-ho mall cop. I've seen far too many a video recently of bad cops shooting good guys (civilians).
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy

Re: Police Brutality

Post by tacticalguy » Sun Jul 31, 2016 5:21 am

As regards the shootings here in the U.S. by police officers... There is a much different general attitude towards the police here than in many other countries. The closest that I can equate it to is the way that many Iraqi civilians regard their police. A wary resignation to the police presence, is my own assessment. Over the last 30 years, I've seen that LE's assessment of personal risk has dramatically increased. You have guys and girls that are constantly and consistently being told that they need to keep their head on a swivel and that the people they're supposed to serve and protect are likely to be the ones responsible for their potential maiming and/or death. That creates a level of tension that isn't easily discharged. Add in some racial tension and a couple of officers making some poorly thought out judgment calls and you have the stew that is the U.S. and it's relationship with LE.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Return to “General Discussions”