Need help coming up with a name for teaching combatives

Use this forum to chat abort anything else related to CQB.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
civiliansheepdog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Need help coming up with a name for teaching combatives

Post by civiliansheepdog » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:15 pm

I need some help with coming with names for teaching combatives. I'm planning to start teaching and need some name suggestions from the CQB-team community hahah. I was thinking of adding CQC to the name, but I felt it doesn't "deserve" to be called CQC because I won't be teaching firearms training yet, need to be certified. Because to me naming something CQC would mean to have the complete package. I will be teaching unarmed training, weapons training( knife works(folder or fixed), baton, EDC items too), some throws and resistant, and will also be covering the legal side. Teaching civilians not LEO or military personnel, but if the LEO or military personnel want me to teach then I would have to change my course structure. Thanks

Ryan

Re: Need help coming up with a name for teaching combatives

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 1:47 am

CQF.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

civiliansheepdog
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by civiliansheepdog » Sun Jul 07, 2013 7:29 am

close quarter fighting? not bad I actually like it hahah. haven't really thought about it.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 07, 2013 3:12 pm

Developed any training plans yet?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

civiliansheepdog

Post by civiliansheepdog » Sun Jul 07, 2013 6:46 pm

Yeah developed a syllabus. Just need to get equipments and find a place too

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Tue Nov 05, 2013 4:05 am

The U.S. Marines refer to CQC as any close combat, within four feet of each other or less, that doesn't involve firing a weapon. So, edged weapon, club or bare handed, it all applies.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Return to “General Discussions”