dry fire drills for pistol

Use this forum to chat abort anything else related to CQB.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
perfectskin69
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

dry fire drills for pistol

Post by perfectskin69 » Sat Jun 16, 2012 3:19 pm

hello again what do you have in mind for dry shootin in house?
reloads??(admin-tac-speed) malufactions trigger control all of these with both hands and one hand??
any other recommendations??

perfectskin69
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: dry fire drills for pistol

Post by perfectskin69 » Fri Jul 27, 2012 10:31 am

and all this with timer i found one on line timer
http://www.predatortactical.com/uploads ... 082504.swf

any other recomends??
i bekieve draw and shoot with flashlight also is good
firing with moving left or right anything else??

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:33 pm

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Iamsheepdog

Post by Iamsheepdog » Thu Jun 01, 2017 4:52 pm

I am a beginner that has really started out with lots of dry firing. One thing that has helped me is an app you can download through the AppStore(not sure if android carries it) and it's a shot timer by surefire and it is free, unless you already have your own timer then your set. Now in the house where obviously noise level is relatively quiet at least enough for timer to pick up the noice of the action from your pistol, in wich it has worked well for me. I have a target on the wall that I use for an aim point and set the timer to so many seconds before timer begins. When I hear the count down and buzzer I present my firearm, front sight to target and squeeze trigger and this can give you a split. Keep in mind obviously this isn't training for shooting the fastest or anything beyond learning to present and pull trigger while under pressure of a timer. While the laser set up may be good in that it actually shows where your target would have been hit, it can be pretty expensive depending on wich one you want, but learning to pull the trigger with some sort of pressure such as a timer has been very good for me and If your not presenting than iv seen other guys place a quarter or used brass at end of slide that would fall off if your were moving the handgun when pulling the trigger as natural from anticipation. learning to control the trigger, and proper hold on pistol with shot timer used, has been great for me and improved my consistency in accuracy. Just my opinion, I am not an expert but that has worked well for me
"The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory"- Sun Tzu

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:14 pm

You stated you would want a carreer in LE? Don't mind trying to improve your aim with in house dry firing, it can only cause accidents.
How accurate you shoot has very little to do in LE, as far as carreer advancement. Its more related when to shoot what, and even more when not to shoot anything.

Iamsheepdog

Post by Iamsheepdog » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:24 pm

True but you learn that when or if you get in. Learning simple things like dry firing is very effective and only as dangerous as the person who controls the gun. Your talking about other aspects that you are taught after you have entered whatever type of LE you end up in. We're taking about people who are starting from square one who are wanting to improve trigger control and accuracy, and dry firing drills are good for the beginner. With many options on methods or techniques you need to find what gets the best results for you and what is effective for you, some may not do this and shoot well and some others who have no foundation on their firearm need somewhere to begin.
"The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory"- Sun Tzu

Return to “General Discussions”