best tac for person check on duty

Use this forum to chat abort anything else related to CQB.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
perfectskin69
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

best tac for person check on duty

Post by perfectskin69 » Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:47 pm

hello recently my hapkido master teach me a tactic which you hold the 2 last hand fingers of the suspect and you put your elbow under his and with the other hand you scan his clothes for guns knives drugs etc and if he makes a move to hit you,you just push his 2 fingers to your body(against his hand) and with your foot you check the suspects leg.
what's the best wayin your opinion to check a suspect??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JIjFVGve ... re=related
something like 0.28 sec but you don't hit him and with other hand you do the scan

Ryan

Re: best tac for person check on duty

Post by Ryan » Sat May 26, 2012 5:58 am

It depends if the suspect is stood up-right, crouched or prone.

And if you are certifying (so to speak) if he is dead or alive/wounded.

You are talking about checking-over for weapons or for status?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

perfectskin69
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by perfectskin69 » Sat May 26, 2012 12:26 pm

i'm talking for police routine check,you are with your partner on duty you see someone suspicius and you dicide to do a full check from id to full body check,unknown risk check and healthy man

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat May 26, 2012 2:18 pm

I see! So checking for illegal contraband - weaponry, drugs, etc.
I thought you meant status check (a dead-check: dead or alive) after which you disarm the weapon.

From none LE experience,

1) Scene management.
Suspicious people can be individual but are usually in a gang.

You must split up the gang and take out the one or ones you want to search.
The split must be done in the correct mannerism but still dominate.

Keep the two parties split but in view.
If a crowd appears, the situation escalates or people just seem aggravated then call for help.

2) Individual management.
The person you want to search must now be controlled.

Your partner must back you up and be ready for action or calling for assistance.
If you believe it will kick off, I advise you call for assistance pre-event.

Analyse the suspect for 'baggyness', type of clothing and size.

There are lots of different pre-arrest positions Officers use. Any position which inhibits range of movement and mobility will work.
Crouched, against a wall, hands straight and up in the air, palm and fingers flat on the wall.

The Officer may pre-emptively cuff for security sake and then do the pat-down.

I have heard of lots of hiding places - along belt lines and zippers. Some very complex to feel and search places.

To me using one leg opens you for a leg swipe or a body swipe. Though a good idea, prepare for combatives.
If anyone Law Enforcement based could chip in, that would be great...
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

perfectskin69

Post by perfectskin69 » Sat May 26, 2012 10:41 pm

ok i try it on my next search usually we stop one or 2 persons at a time and we do the procidure for id passport and etc
we have the rite 2 officers for one person so i belive one search and other observes the suspect!!
i have it on my mind that gang thing!!!!thanks!!

Return to “General Discussions”