OFF: hunting video. oppinions??

Use this forum to chat abort anything else related to CQB.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

geryban

OFF: hunting video. oppinions??

Post by geryban » Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:49 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LGC1tjHC ... r_embedded#!

Im living far from the US... So I dont understand the US hunting habits. Anybody?
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

Dramatikk

Re: OFF: hunting video. oppinions??

Post by Dramatikk » Tue Aug 23, 2011 4:28 pm

There are a lot of talk and roumers spreading about the american hunting culture and traditions. I'm not going to be too harsh on the criticism of their hunting methods.

What I do not like is the so-called "Trophy Hunting". Pay a shit load of cash only to be guided by the hand into some endagered animal, just to shoot it and go home braging about killing a rare specie ... :x

Hunting in general is all about being in the wild having a enjoyable experience, help the nature keep a balance of the animal populations and of course to use the meat of the animals to provide food.

Hunting is not about the kill. If you enjoy the kill, then you have misunderstood the point of hunting. Hunters are not supposed to have a "Thrill to Kill" attitude. I would say that 90% of the hunt is for the nature experience, and 10% is the necessary kill to control the balance of species. More than often I have choosen not to shoot, just because I like to see the animal life instead.

When talking about the youtube video Geryban linked to, I have to say that I have never been on a hog hunt and don't feel I know enough about hog hunts to comment whether or not this hog hunt is good or bad.

What I didn't like about the hunt was the fact that they was hunting from a helicopter!? I don't know about the US, but here in Norway it is not legal to hunt from a motorized vehicle. This because it may result in "half kills" and not the prefered "one shot, one kill" principle, because shooting from a moving vehicle takes a lot of practise and skills. It is very rare you are allowed to hunt from a motorized vehicle in Norway.

Anybody been on a american hog hunt? If yes, please give some information about this type of hunting.

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)

Return to “General Discussions”