Mention 5 things that is wrong with cqb in movies

Use this forum to chat abort anything else related to CQB.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Dramatikk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Mention 5 things that is wrong with cqb in movies

Post by Dramatikk » Mon May 09, 2011 2:48 pm

This is more of a fun thread, where we can list up everything that is wrongly portrayed in the movie industry regarding cqb and military tactics. :D

Just to get the ball rolling.

- No matter what kind of weapon they use in movies, there is no recoil.
- SWAT operators always run around like chickens and is constantly aiming down the sights.
- Sometimes the main characters got a unlimited ammo cheat goin on, othertimes they reload all the time.
- A bulletproof vest can stop anything.
- Good guys never miss a single shot and bad guys never get a single killshot, this even though the bad guys is spetsnaz.

Also feel free to mention particular movie scenes or add youtube videos to your list. :wink:

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)
Last edited by Dramatikk on Tue May 10, 2011 9:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan

Re: Mention 5 things that is wrong with cqb in movies

Post by Ryan » Tue May 10, 2011 12:14 am

Haha great topic. I agree, they make SWAT look like boy scouts.

- I've always hated the slow motion jump in mid-air whilst shooting, looks too much like Max Payne! (Video below)

- And the way they fly back 10 feet after being hit, haven't they heard of Newton's Law? (1.59 in the video below)

I'm sure you agree, this video is the biggest wrong! :lol: It's just... wrong!

- Though not related to CQB, I thought I might mention the fact that in almost every movie involving a sniper there is no spotter, the crosshairs are perfectly on the targets head and the projectile always hits the head without even zero'ing it! Nor do they account for wind or drop even at 1000 meters. It's annoying! Shooter made a much more "believable" character but it still needed work.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Tue May 10, 2011 8:22 pm

- The killing range for a hand gun is easy 200 meters
- People die instantly by a shot to the shoulder
http://CQB-Team.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/CQBteam
Tactical education and motivation.training info for the soldier that wish to learn the art of CQB.

Dramatikk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Dramatikk » Tue May 10, 2011 9:31 pm

- Dual wielding pistols and sub-machinguns.
- Busting up solid doors by throwing a shoulder into it.
- LOTS of unnecessary gear on characters weapons.

Last edited by Dramatikk on Wed May 11, 2011 5:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

geryban

Post by geryban » Wed May 11, 2011 11:25 am

I like when the detectives go first after breaching, SWAT team follow them.
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

Itsahak

Post by Itsahak » Wed May 11, 2011 3:45 pm

My favorites have always been when the guys are about to crash a door, and wait until then to chamber a round into the weapon. The other is when you hear a hammer cock back, but the character is carrying a Glock!
Wil
See how easy life can be?

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Wed May 11, 2011 5:48 pm

I like it when the "Special ultimate badass exteme force" team is stacked outside the entry point, and to make sure the room is safe to enter they first send in one of the operators to check if the room is clear. When this is done then the whole team can come storming into the room shouting, swearing and flagging eachothers heads with the rifle barrels.
:lol:

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu May 12, 2011 6:38 am

Spetsnaz movies have got to be the worst! I once saw one where the guy overpowered a Chechen terrorist who was apart of a group that took him hostage, and drowned him in the smallest bucket of what you have ever seen. Literally picked him up and plonked his head into it!
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Mon May 16, 2011 1:14 pm

- A knocked over table serves a great cover when you are fighting the swat team inside your house. :lol:

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Thu May 19, 2011 5:10 pm

How to clear a building in Hollywood style:

Those guys seems to really know their shit. 8)
All I'm wondering is, when is their next CQB course? *Maniacly grabbing my wallet willingly to pay any price* :lol:

Return to “General Discussions”