A to b steps from sheepdog civilian to federal swat(BORTAC)

Use this forum to chat abort anything else related to CQB.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

A to b steps from sheepdog civilian to federal swat(BORTAC)

Postby Iamsheepdog » Thu Jun 01, 2017 7:51 am

I have this burning desire to get to this point and why? I just don't know why or where it came from but somehow I feel we all one one day come to a moment where you know what it is, wheather god put it in you or it's just what you were designed to do. I have a deep love for my country and want to do something about that. Since my daughter(almost 2 now) I have really thought hard where do I go from here and how can protect and provide. As I see fellow individuals of my age group(20's), I see a lot of weakness and people who think things are owed to them and dont know what appreciation and hard work means. They are more individuals concerned with their own affairs and do not care how it effects their neighbors or their country for that matter. I was raised by a man of code and reason for what he would do. As for me I want to protect my family and loved ones by protesting my country on front lines and at any means necessary. I know I can only say words on here but what I will say is I am here to learn from all and put together peice by peice of what I get including, state of mind during stress, proper handgun and carbine techniques that aren't replicated from a john wick movie but realism and techniques I can train and use them to defend my life. I am interested in the steps to get to those points in DHS and what I can do now to begin my self preparation to go and fight for what I want. I want as a young man to keep honor, loyalty respect, and above all else become an intelligent killing machine for my country to all those threaten it. One last thing I'm looking for people of a poetic nature and view combat as an art form and bring intellectual reasoning to why certain modern or old techniques are worth looking into and although there is no one size fits all but I can still try the damn boot on and see for myself if it fits me. Thank you to all
"The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory"- Sun Tzu
Iamsheepdog

Re: A to b steps from sheepdog civilian to federal swat(BORT

Postby Breacher01 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:42 pm

This may seem very harsh, and it is:

- Your federal 'swat' team is border control?
- You are a civilian with child and you think you still have time to advance significally in Law Enforcement?
- Is US English your main language, because your spelling and grammar may be on par with mine.

above all else become an intelligent killing machine for my country to all those threaten it

Easy, Join ISIS.

I want to protect my family and loved ones by protesting

Then you are a hippie.

just don't know why or where it came from but somehow I feel we all one one day come to a moment where you know what it is, wheather god put it in you or it's just what you were designed to do.

I don't know if I should suggest psychotherapy or a meteorologist.

I have a deep love for my country and want to do something about that.

Research how the rest of the world thinks about the United States.

including, state of mind during stress, proper handgun and carbine techniques that aren't replicated from a john wick movie but realism and techniques

Learn these on the internet? Impossible.

One last thing I'm looking for people of a poetic nature and view combat as an art form and bring intellectual reasoning to why certain modern or old techniques are worth looking into and although there is no one size fits all but I can still try the damn boot on and see for myself if it fits me.

Then this is the right place for that.

You seem to have a problem with realistic expectations. Given the information I deducted from your posts I'm sorry to say that maybe you, your family, neighbours and country might be safer if they would give the job to someone else.

You can't join the army/police expecting to become a high level operator in the field within ten years or so. Its a ladder, and it get awfully steep at the top. The person to fill your chair probably has been training in real life for some years.

Please don't take this the wrong way, and reply after some thought and self-reflexion.

Regards
Breacher01

Postby Iamsheepdog » Sat Jun 03, 2017 10:13 pm

I had a few drinks that night and probably did not watch my grammar and spell check when certain words were misplaced by another word, I was trying to convey my passion to serve my country and homeland. By saying where this feeing came from and not sure where is me saying iv felt a calling or sense of duty or Place as anyone does when they get into whatever it is they are doing. If you do something that you feel is just a job or just an option, then your not doing what you really want to do, so what I am saying is I have a heart felt desire to achieve this goal and it's what I want to do with my life. Thoughts and opinions on the United States by others does not change my mind or have any effect because all countries are open to judgement and also propaganda that can pursuade from the truth, as for me I believe in my constitution and would uphold my oath under it, anything outside of that is wrong and definitions of morals can go on and on all day. Killing machines are what special operations are and that is the mentality they are taught but they don't have mindless sense to just kill or because they have some weird fetish for killing, but intellect intertwined with violence and combat is necessary when your foes are against you with violence. Some form of aggression is necessary but also controlled. Try reading or watching interviews of LTC. David grossman who taught psychology behind killing and war. I do understand there is a ladder to climb and that final stage I end up at is where I belong, but my performance will reflect on the ladder that I am climbing and once time spent in each aspect required to move to the next step is possible, bp and homeland security are jobs you can apply for being you meet criteria to be considered based on your law enforcement experience wich does not have to be many many years but the aspect of making it to federal level SWAT or BORTAC is being able to pass a selection course much like what rangers in the army would go through, but according to your performance you can be selected. Training and putting in the hard work is what it takes. No apologies necessary, I appreciate your honesty and opinions but I know what my goal is whether impossible or hard to get to, I will let time tell that until I'm proven not capable
"The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory"- Sun Tzu
Iamsheepdog

Postby Breacher01 » Fri Jun 30, 2017 3:13 am

I wish you the best in your carreer, i don't know how you advance the ranks, and qualify for your chosen unit.

I've asked around in my unit, and no one i spoke planned on this carreer path. the most joined the military and tried to advance into the commando's or marines. Our police personel aimed to be roit squad or special police protection agents.

This jobs choose you more often then you choose it i guess.
Breacher01

Postby tacticalguy » Tue Jul 04, 2017 6:00 am

Go to college, get a 4 yr degree in criminal justice and apply to your local sheriff's department. After you've been there for 3-5 years, with a good record, apply to FLETC (Federal Law Enforcement Training Center). Customs and Border Patrol, DHS, U.S. Marshals Service, ICE, ATF, etc, all recruit from the graduating classes. If you want to go to the FBI, get your law or accounting degree. Once you're in the federal service that you chose, you'll spend another 3-5 years working as a field agent/Marshal before being given the chance to apply for a special operations position. That's the "ladder" that you're looking for.

BTW, (just a word of advice) at your initial interviews (sheriff's department, FLETC and whatever federal agency that you apply to) don't use the phrase "become an intelligent killing machine for my country to all those threaten it." They want to hear that your desire is to help your community by enforcing the laws and protecting it's citizens.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)
tacticalguy

Postby Breacher01 » Thu Jul 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Any federal law enforcement agency has the task of saving lives, even suspects. Thats the main idea of having 3 branches of justice. Politicians make up the law, boots on the ground enforce them and judges punish those who deserve.

If agents decide to kill anyone it should be for the greater good, or to kill few to save the many...

Priorities are to save innocents lives, maintain order and get offenders in court for a judge to decide proper punishment.

Even in special forces nobody wants a "intelligent killing machine". Those machines should join paramilitary death-squads.
Breacher01

Postby tacticalguy » Sun Jul 09, 2017 4:28 am

Breacher01 wrote:Any federal law enforcement agency has the task of saving lives, even suspects. Thats the main idea of having 3 branches of justice. Politicians make up the law, boots on the ground enforce them and judges punish those who deserve.

If agents decide to kill anyone it should be for the greater good, or to kill few to save the many...

Priorities are to save innocents lives, maintain order and get offenders in court for a judge to decide proper punishment.

Even in special forces nobody wants a "intelligent killing machine". Those machines should join paramilitary death-squads.

Agreed, that's why my last paragraph was there.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)
tacticalguy

Postby Breacher01 » Wed Jul 19, 2017 12:31 am

I know, i just wanted to make the point absolutelly obvious.
Breacher01

Postby tacticalguy » Wed Jul 19, 2017 5:07 am

Breacher01 wrote:I know, i just wanted to make the point absolutelly obvious.

Yeah, I think that this young man might not be picking up on the subtle cues in life if he thinks that "intelligent killing machine" is a useful phrase in LE.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

tacticalguy

Postby Breacher01 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:34 am

I think he did already. But still the point stands.
Breacher01

Return to General Discussions