My personal favorite for CQC/knife fighting

Moderator: jimothy_183

tacticalguy

My personal favorite for CQC/knife fighting

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Oct 31, 2015 4:22 am

The karambit is an awesome weapon. I first saw one used in southern California when I was 16, I've been training with them ever since. The tactical trainer is also just as effective as the kubotan for Pressure Point Control Techniques (PPCT).

Also, Doug Marcaida is a joy to watch work.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Breacher01

Re: My personal favorite for CQC/knife fighting

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 2:43 pm

Another quality of knives like a carambit is that they are claw shaped, so you can do massive superficial damage to an opponent. Just "a flesh wound" may scare your opponent enough to make him combat-inneffective without causing life threatening cuts.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:31 am

Breacher01 wrote:Another quality of knives like a carambit is that they are claw shaped, so you can do massive superficial damage to an opponent. Just "a flesh wound" may scare your opponent enough to make him combat-inneffective without causing life threatening cuts.
Yup. Very good techniques for the "bio-mechanical" cutting.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:59 am

I don't think we agree, you really need at least as much or more about anatomy when cutting people up so much they stop an attack on you in self defense. My personal belief is that its impossible to defend yourself with any knife. If someone get withing 3 feet of you you have little other possibilities of self defense with a knife. you can kill you opponent faster, but that's not defense. Running and yelling are proven more effective.

Bio Mechanical knife fighting is about cutting tenants and arteries, with the intent to stop your opponent with as much damage as possible. I study krav maga and armed combat 3 nights a week for over 3 years now. Its good for fitness, and little more if you ask me.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Sep 03, 2016 4:22 am

Thank you for sharing your opinion, sir.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:38 pm

No further things you don't agree with? sir :wink:

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:16 am

Breacher01 wrote:No further things you don't agree with? sir :wink:
I'm not going to get into a "dick measuring" contest with you. You like Krav Maga, that's great. You think that it's the best thing since sliced bread, kudos to you.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Mon Sep 05, 2016 1:31 am

No, I don't really take martial arts very serious actually. And I recon i'm not even very good at them. That is besides the point.

Krav maga and armed combat is the subject of a "fitness school" very close to where I live and I have to keep in shape somehow. I can totally be the bad ass in that class because I have real life experience with these subjects. they also do female self defense classes, which is a huge pro because I'm single and looking.

I do not want pretend to be an expert at martial arts, I've done more reading than fighting. Furthermore I'm a worshiper of the speed bullets travel at, and keeping distance to my opponent, even if this means running.

My point is that you can only train yourself to fight with bladed weapons against someone who also has some form of formal training, because a random person will try to cut you as often, deep and fast as they are capable of. there are no predictable moves and ways of countering them in real life self defense in my opinion.

It was in no way my intention to show off any skllls i may or may not have.

Return to “Knife Fighting”