Sound Doctrine

Moderator: jimothy_183

tacticalguy

Sound Doctrine

Post by tacticalguy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:15 am

This is a book by Charles "Sid" Heal. I'm re-reading it for the eleven or twelfth time. I can't recommend this book enough. It IS a tactical primer. If you haven't read it, I sincerely suggest that you find a copy, somewhere. Mine is old and I've used my highlighter all through it.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

jimothy_183
Military

Re: Sound Doctrine

Post by jimothy_183 » Tue Jun 04, 2013 6:46 am

Seen it before on amazon and it def looked good. Thanks for the recommendation. 8)
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Tue Jun 04, 2013 4:01 pm

jimothy_183 wrote:Seen it before on amazon and it def looked good. Thanks for the recommendation. 8)
My pleasure. I want you to remember, it's NOT anything but a short textbook, though. It's very dry. I've had mine since right after it was published. The tenets that he lays down are the basis for ANY well planned tactical operation. He collated and codified a lot of the principles that many of us were taught from various sources.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:54 am

That's exactly what I like to find. Good documents that contain a compilation of solid foundational information organised in a logical way. Most people seem to hunt for things that are "advanced" or "special" and disregard the basics, then what they and up with is incomplete and disjointed doctrine.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

Return to “Books”