Weapon Attachments

Moderator: jimothy_183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Weapon Attachments

Post by Ryan » Sun Apr 07, 2013 3:03 am

What attachments do you use on your weapons? Why do you use them?

For example why do people run say an MP5 with no stock or a foregrip?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

ClearRight
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Weapon Attachments

Post by ClearRight » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:04 pm

Apart from the standard Aimpoint optic:

M3X flashlight, mounted at 3 o'clock, as far forward as possible. Reduces shadow from the barrel in the head/chest area and lets me get my hand as far out as possible when shooting from my left shoulder. Pressure switch taped at 12 o'clock. Far enough forward that I can move my thumb over the top of the rail and press it. Means I don't have to keep my hand on the pressure switch all the time - a light ND waiting to happen. It's also ambidextrious. Some people don't like pressure switches because the wiring can fail. Mine is issued. If it breaks, it'll be replaced for free.

Vertical foregrip. Mounted as far forward as I can comfortably use it in this manner: http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2694/410 ... 878872.jpg

I find this technique gives me a more comfortable angle for my wrist than just holding the handguard. Could just be that I'm not used to it. Can't get quite as far forward as I'd have liked because of the flashlight I have to grab behind. Considering trying to remove the foregrip and try to get used to shooting without it.

Tried the Magpul AFG for a while and really liked it, but we're not allowed to use any non-issue kit on our rifles.
More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.
- Paul Howe

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Weapons”