Knee pads

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

RonD

Knee pads

Post by RonD » Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:30 pm

For knee pads, I utilize volleyball knee pads. They're not hard shelled, provide flexibility and comfort. I wear them under my normal duty uniform, then if things go bad and I have to go tactical, I already have them on......

Dramatikk

Re: Knee pads

Post by Dramatikk » Sat Apr 09, 2011 3:01 pm

Knee pads is a must if you want to or have to be tactical when shooting.

Nothing is more irritating than dropping to a kneeling position, only to find out you just landed on a pointy rock ... Without knee pads that one pointy rock gives a you a truly burning sensation to the knee. :x

If you combine a heavy drop to kneeling position and your knee landing on that pointy rock, you can actually pass out because of the hit to the nerves located in your knee.
I do not know if this is just a myth or actual fact. I just remember hearing it from someone some time ago.

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Knee pads come in real handy when you are shooting and training all day long.

On real entries when you are only going to be wearing them for a few minutes, why not. It really helps if you climb through a window or half to take a knee.

I say yes.

medicup

Post by medicup » Thu Jul 21, 2011 9:10 pm

Love 'em.

Once any dynamic clearing is done, if there are casualties I spend a lot of time on my knees working on the patients. Definitely much more comfortable.

I don't know about passing out from suddenly "loading" the nerves in your knee, but I can tell you from experience it will give you one HELL of a "dead leg" syndrome for a few minutes, a definite downer if you have to do anything quickly :)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Jul 22, 2011 2:57 am

They have internal and air-flex ones now on some of the cryewear and other brands. Heard they are really good too:- seen a few pictures of SF wearing them.

http://www.cryeprecision.com/P-APRCPE02 ... s%E2%84%A2
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Return to “Gear - General Discussions”