What vest do you guys wear off-duty?

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Breacher01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

What vest do you guys wear off-duty?

Post by Breacher01 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:12 pm

Like the title:

What vest do you guys wear off-duty? (if any) and why?

Ryan

Re: What vest do you guys wear off-duty?

Post by Ryan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:29 pm

None because Australia. :lol:
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Breacher01 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:25 pm

illegal? for LEO/Military?

Can you carry your service pistols?

Or are the criminals very forgiving in your area?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Aug 17, 2016 9:35 pm

The latter. Little to no crime. It's great.

I know cops who carry, even cops who barricade their house. There's some small towns in Australia, especially rural NSW, that house a lot of Islamists and suspected terrorists. Some apparently 'train' in our forestry outback. And a lot of dudes up there have guns. Especially on property with a lot of acres. I guess it's not like America.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 1:52 am

Anonymity is my most important protection, but there have been threats and attacks on colleagues who we recognized by high-risk individuals we dealt with.

I would understand body armor being prohibited from civilians since the whole Ned Kelly incident you've had.

I'm interested in your exact job, shall we discuss this in PM? I can give some information, but not publicly.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:40 am

Breacher01 wrote:I would understand body armor being prohibited from civilians since the whole Ned Kelly incident you've had.
:lol:

Yeah, you can PM mate.

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 1:59 am

I read somewhere AUS Paramedics and firemen did or do use stab protection in their uniforms. Any comment?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Sep 01, 2016 11:45 pm

Breacher01 wrote:I read somewhere AUS Paramedics and firemen did or do use stab protection in their uniforms. Any comment?
Not that I've heard of. Maybe for major events by direction of the Police. That's more South Africa. :lol:

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:41 pm

No, I was personally told by a Arnhem land resident working as LEO(uniform).

Return to “Gear - General Discussions”