camelbaks and backpacks

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jimothy_183
Military
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

camelbaks and backpacks

Post by jimothy_183 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 1:58 pm

Just looking for suggestions on having camelbacks and backpacks work together.

I have heard the following solutions:

Buy ALICE frame and get the bladder to sit in the airgap of the frame (some people say it works, others say it doesn't)

Place the bladder in the pack but take it back out when you drop packs for whatever reason

Can anyone post their two cents on this issue?
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

jcheng14
Civilian

Re: camelbaks and backpacks

Post by jcheng14 » Mon Jul 21, 2014 10:17 am

I like having the bladder in the backpanel. I currently have a Mayflower APC with the assaulter backpanel. It has space for a 1L. Top pouch is for NOD, bottom pouch is a rip away FAK. I'll keep more water in the pack, along with whatever other clothing // mags // ammo // food etc. This way you always have some water with you but you can easily shuck your pack and not have to deal with any routing issues.

Breacher01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: camelbaks and backpacks

Post by Breacher01 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 7:37 pm

I use a 3l Camelbak Thermobak, just not at work. we don't do Military type missions, and when securing a person or object its easier to use half liter bottles, also to keep track of how much i'm hydrating.

when hiking or mtb-ing i think the camelbak is a great way not to forget to drink every once in a while. I love it.

Return to “Gear - General Discussions”