Watches

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Watches

Post by Ryan » Wed Nov 07, 2012 9:18 am

Any recommendations? I have read a few books now that talk about how important watches are, especially for military personnel out on patrol doing their reports or working with assets. David Blakeley of the PF stated he bought a pricey watch because over years cheap and badly made watches begin to lose seconds and even minutes, never mind adding the effects of war to the equation.

Recently I came across this photo. Rolex with nylon strap.

Now I don't have that budget but are there any good recommendations for reasonable priced quality watches?

Suunto or a pro-trek?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Watches

Post by Breacher01 » Tue Aug 16, 2016 8:00 pm

CASIO

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Aug 16, 2016 9:31 pm

Breacher01 wrote:CASIO
I'm going to get a new watch in the coming month. Any specific recommendations? I've gone through 3 watches already.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Breacher01 » Wed Aug 17, 2016 7:23 pm

I like the solar and tough solar models, ranging from an 12h analog watch with date, to a analog/digital display with alarms, 5 time zones... you name it they got it, and they are cheap too. the solar ones don't have a replaceable battery, so lifetime has has to be proven in the future, but ive used casio watches for 20 years, and always broke them myself, never any problems casio could prevent or anticipate for.

Its just the easiest place to store your compass... and tell time off course.

Return to “Gear - General Discussions”