Running w/ No Plates

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Running w/ No Plates

Post by Ryan » Tue Sep 25, 2012 6:50 am

Do any of you guys ever run with no or less plates? I.e. no back plate.

I think, especially for #1 and #2 man that side and back plates are very important.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Alfa47
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Running w/ No Plates

Post by Alfa47 » Sun Oct 30, 2016 1:58 pm

Mark Owen talked about an op he did without any plates in his 2nd book, I think. They had to climb mountain for quite a long distance, so he(and other guys from his team) decided that it's better to take the plates out.

Breacher01
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Running w/ No Plates

Post by Breacher01 » Fri Nov 25, 2016 9:02 pm

2 plates weigh almost 4kg/7pounds. if you need to overcome obstacles and distance to your mark its an option to ditch them. IIIA gives you fairly good protection, .223, 5,56, 5,54 and 7,62 rounds knock you out anyway, when they hit your plate. You won't be combat effective after taking a hit.

When you know your opposition have or probably have those weapons it may be smarter to keep your plates. Whatever you choose, they cover only your vital organs, taking a hit at the plate or uncovered body mass will incapacitate you.

And when you take running literally I'll always prefer terrain over body armor, and keep some maneuverability .

Return to “Gear - General Discussions”