Western vs Eastern mindsets

Moderator: jimothy_183

Ryan

Western vs Eastern mindsets

Post by Ryan » Sun Mar 16, 2014 12:22 am

Are there any distinct differences you note between the Western and Eastern mindsets around tactics, counter-terrorism and other topics of warfare that you can think of?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military

Re: Western vs Eastern mindsets

Post by jimothy_183 » Tue Mar 18, 2014 1:20 pm

I haven't got anything to add myself but I will throw this in there.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:19 am

Western Services are a lot more held responsible for damage to property and individuals.

Russian OSN's take care of criminals before sending then to a holding cell. I sometimes wish this attitude was more prevalent in western countries.

If you need a special unit to be arrested you probably deserve to be roughed up somewhat if you don't fully cooperate. Police brutality against people who kill and/or torture as a career choice seems logical, that's their language.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:42 am

Breacher01 wrote:Russian OSN's take care of criminals before sending then to a holding cell. I sometimes wish this attitude was more prevalent in western countries.
Yeah I've been looking at Russian units seeing as they've really got into limited entries. Let's just say that most of the videos either end up with the suspect being dragged away in handcuffs, looking very submissive... or blood and brains on the floor.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Fri Aug 19, 2016 5:13 pm

Ryan wrote:
Breacher01 wrote:Russian OSN's take care of criminals before sending then to a holding cell. I sometimes wish this attitude was more prevalent in western countries.
Yeah I've been looking at Russian units seeing as they've really got into limited entries. Let's just say that most of the videos either end up with the suspect being dragged away in handcuffs, looking very submissive... or blood and brains on the floor.
That is the way criminals tap each other at the fingers here, so why do we have to be so damn careful with them here? If they get roughed up by accident the case almost always gets dropped here, because reports about police brutality would harm the service to much.

They are suspected heavy criminals... I would not feel the need to beat everyone up, but the ones that try to spit on you, wrestle you and directly try to harm you(without lethal threat) may comply more with a few punches or kicks.

In Russia they understand you make splinters when you chop firewood.

Return to “Fighting Mindset, General Discussions”