Moderator: jimothy_183

Ryan

Willingness to Kill

Post by Ryan » Thu Apr 16, 2015 1:31 am

What makes us kill effectively?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy

Re: Willingness to Kill

Post by tacticalguy » Fri Jun 05, 2015 4:52 am

Effectively meaning...? Most efficient, quickest, or dispassionately?
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:45 am

Exactly.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Aug 18, 2016 2:04 am

Absolute trust you are with the good side. Automatic imprinted reactions though training?

that's absolute worst case scenario with my job. We treat suspects as mentally disturbed, and want to see them go though our legal system. Killing shots are the absolute last resort, and I would only aim for vitals when innocent people are in direct danger. Me and my team are equipped to take bullets, although this very rarely happens.

When someone on the team had to take a killshot the whole team takes it pretty rough, and the situation is analised over and over to see if there was another option.

Killing a suspect always feels like losing.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:41 am

Breacher01 wrote:Killing a suspect always feels like losing.
Great quote. I wish some "cowboy" units got their head in the game. Training and making 5% shots may be fun and highspeed but the reality of taking a life is not.

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:50 am

We kill because we are trained to do it without thinking, ordered or judging(and executing no pun...) ourselves in any given situation. You think about it after the fact.

I work in a unit where we often deal with individuals to dangerous to be approached by anyone else except a cruise missile. Often times these people are deranged, of in time of crisis. Our goal is always to arrest.

Even Police killers we rather see to face justice then final judgement. Sometimes incapacitating or killing is necessary for the greater good ATM, think of a man with a bomb-vest with 10 hostages), or to prevent the life of innocent bystanders, wrong place wrong time or hostages for instance.

When we can't get the situation done without lethal force we go home feeling like we've failed. I understand military work has other targets and ROE's. I've been overseas and active as regular military and as a contractor. This work gives me the most satisfaction, and the least boredom, but that's by far overshadowed by the operational failures effect on me. Therefore and we talk a lot about these events.

Iamsheepdog

Post by Iamsheepdog » Fri Jun 02, 2017 7:57 am

https://youtu.be/-fQDbIIM74E

I like a lot of this mans ideas and perspectives and maybe this can explain how someone could be "willing to kill"
"The victorious strategist only seeks battle after the victory has been won, whereas he who is destined to defeat first fights and afterwards looks for victory"- Sun Tzu

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:18 am

Iamsheepdog wrote:https://youtu.be/-fQDbIIM74E

I like a lot of this mans ideas and perspectives and maybe this can explain how someone could be "willing to kill"
Thank you! Good find.

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Jun 03, 2017 5:21 pm

I learned in my military years only 2% of general infantry actualy aimed at the opposition, the rest shot in their general direction. This was gathered from facts since Operaton Overlord in Normandy, US actions in korea and mostly the Vietnam war.

If someone was within the group that consistently truely aimed at the enemy over 80% of them showed signs of sociopathic or psychopathic behavior. For instance: Animal abuse, abusive behaviour to siblings, abusive behaviour cousing police interference and arceny.

Willingless to kill is much more observed in groups compared to individuals. Because us apes are social animals we are more likely to misbehave if something forms us into a group, of gives us a common enemy.

I've shot more people then I like to admit, but I have no willingness to kill. Actually I am nearly unable to kill because I know my limits, and a human bodies limits. Killed I have caused and still regret... save the innocent, bless the ignorant.

If I ever met the young hitler knowing what I know now about his carreer change and consequences I still couldn' t kill him. Is willingless to kill not a very bad traith?

Return to “Fighting Mindset, General Discussions”