Mike Day - Navy SEAL

A topic for real-life experience in the subject matter. Experience versus training, expectation versus experience, worst and best experiences.

Moderator: jimothy_183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Mike Day - Navy SEAL

Post by Ryan » Sun Mar 29, 2015 1:59 pm

For reference:
1. http://wtkr.com/2015/03/27/former-navy- ... llow-vets/.
2. http://www.reddit.com/r/Military/commen ... ?context=3.

"Upon entering a 12 x 12 foot room, I was shot twenty-seven times at close range and received shrapnel wounds from a grenade. I was shot in both legs, both arms, my left thumb was almost amputated, I was shot in the abdomen and had a colostomy bag for a year, my right scapula was shattered, I was shot twice in the buttocks, once in the scrotum and my body armor was hit multiple times which caused fractured ribs and contusions on my lungs. This was a single gunfight at an ordinary day at the office. I was there and don’t believe it happened. I walked out of that house on my own two legs to the MEDIVAC helicopter and was transported to National Military Medical Center in Bethesda, MD, via Baghdad and Landstuhl, Germany."

"yes he walked into a room with 3 dudes in it (supposedly all 3 HVTs but idk about that) and basically they were all standing ready to unload on the door as he went in. The SEAL with him was killed instantly and he also went down. The return fire actually pushed the rest of team back and out of the building and they were getting ready to CAS and actively shooting 40mm into when he came up on the radio. Also there are rumors the grenade fragments may have been 40mm blue on blue because they thought he was dead already."
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “Experience”