Training like a SEAL

A topic about the aspect of teaching. Lesson plans, teaching styles, essential subjects, subject lists.

Moderator: jimothy_183

civiliansheepdog

Training like a SEAL

Post by civiliansheepdog » Tue Jul 16, 2013 6:28 am

I decided to switch up my workout routine and decided that I'm going to train like a Navy SEAL. Just seeing numerous footage in youtube not first hand account, and researching that their training is one of the hardest in the world. I'm sure there are other Special Forces Unit out there that their training regime is hard too.

Looking at military sites, researching, and going to their actual website ( I was surprised they have a official website with a lot of infos), this is the one of the PT requirement just to qualify for BUD/S: Run 1.5 Miles (1.5 Kilometers for me since I'm in Canada hahah) Minimum 10:30, Push-ups 2 min Minimum 50, Pull-Ups 2 min Minimum 50, Sit-ups 2 min Minimum 50, Swimming 500 yards Minimum 12:30. So far I just did day 1 and need more work in the push-ups, sit-ups, pull-ups, and swimming( have to find other alternatives since I don't have access to a pool all the time) hahaha. Planning to do the PT requirement for BUD/S for a week and next week if I feel more comfortable then do a 4 KM run, max push-ups, max pull-ups, max sit-ups, and swimming.

Most people always say "oh it's cool to train like a Navy SEAL", but they're just talking. I've a doer ever since so I might as well get to that "ultimate warrior" state. If you know what I mean. I'll update in a week hahah

Ryan

Re: Training like a SEAL

Post by Ryan » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:19 am

Good luck. Be sure to see the Facebook group "Special Operations Candidates" who have a few members training to go to the SEAL teams. They post up their times and runs, including WOD's. Not only that but they promote weekly and monthly events, including triathlons and marathons.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

civiliansheepdog

Re: Training like a SEAL

Post by civiliansheepdog » Tue Jul 16, 2013 7:52 am

Cool did not that, I'll check it.

Return to “Training, Teaching and Mentoring”