Tactical training in Vancouver, BC Canada

A topic about the aspect of teaching. Lesson plans, teaching styles, essential subjects, subject lists.

Moderator: jimothy_183

civiliansheepdog

Tactical training in Vancouver, BC Canada

Post by civiliansheepdog » Wed Feb 27, 2013 1:29 am

I don't know if this topic belongs here or in a different section. But does anyone know a place in Vancouver, BC Canada where civilians can train tactical shooting and tactics? I've been researching the web site and from what I gathered is that in the U.S. the training seems it's like the military; like shooting and tactics. I'm envious since Canada is real strict with their gun laws. Thanks

jimothy_183
Military

Re: Tactical training in Vancouver, BC Canada

Post by jimothy_183 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:20 am

Topic moved.

I'm sure you've thought of this but what about travelling over to the US for the duration of the training course?
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

civiliansheepdog

Post by civiliansheepdog » Wed Feb 27, 2013 8:24 am

Yes I checked some U.S. training facilities but by the looks of it, it seems that you need to bring your own gun and equipment to the training centre. I didn't see any rentals for guns. And it seems when I email some training facilities they don't really a give detail answer just a vague response, like "oh yes out of towners can come and train with us", but my question to them if my gun license (P.A.L Canadian gun license) would be valid in the U.S. hahaha. Plus I don't feel comfortable traveling with my guns on an airplane, especially if I'm going out of town. I'm sometimes already having a hard time getting through the airport because of my birth place, hahaha.

If you happen to know anyone from Canada that does tactical training, let me know. Thanks

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 11:38 am

I'm sorry I haven't heard of any - I haven't really looked - but I have put it on our Facebook to get a wider audience. I have also PM'ed a few members here.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Wed Feb 27, 2013 12:55 pm

Since you only mentioned a problem with weapons and gear I'd say that there are quite a few schools that will actually allow you to rent everything you need for the duration of the class. Off the top of my head I know Frontsight, Tactical Response and any independent instructor associated with Grey Group Training offer this service. I'm sure there are other schools who do this, some instructors might even let you use their own personal weapon for the class.

civiliansheepdog

Post by civiliansheepdog » Wed Feb 27, 2013 2:28 pm

nice, Frontsight, Tactical Response and any independent instructor associated with Grey Group Training, I'll check out those companies. Thanks for the look out Ryan too

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Feb 27, 2013 10:55 pm

http://www.ctoms.ca/courses

A suggestion from a dude on Facebook. It's mainly medical based by the looks...

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

civiliansheepdog

Post by civiliansheepdog » Thu Feb 28, 2013 1:21 am

Yes that website looks like it's catered more to people in the medical fields. Maybe I can pass it along to the doctors or nurses at my work hahah, give them a reality check. I browsed that grey group training website and emailed them. So I'll just have to wait and see if I can train with them.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Feb 28, 2013 2:15 am

Maybe TG should start his company in Canada. ;)

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Thu Feb 28, 2013 6:50 pm

Ryan wrote:Maybe TG should start his company in Canada. ;)
LMAO!! Or, or... The gentleman can come down to south Florida once I get everything going... :mrgreen:
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

civiliansheepdog

Post by civiliansheepdog » Fri Mar 01, 2013 1:43 am

Sure why not I love Florida hahaha. Gives me another reason to visit again. I actually got a response back from Raidon Tactics, and they do accept Canadians and also do gun rentals too. So yeah now I got some options hahah. I'll wait till I finish up with school and will start planning my "vacation" trip

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Fri Mar 01, 2013 6:54 am

Hey TG how about a staff discount for me and ryan? :mrgreen:

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Mar 01, 2013 8:14 am

:twisted: "VIP Pass"

The dude who owns Raidon Tactics is on this forum, if memory serves. We've actually got heaps of CEOs and Instructors. :shock:

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Fri Mar 01, 2013 7:27 pm

When I actually get the project off the ground, of course Jimothy, you and Ryan are invited to come out to "play". Not at a discount. Gratis. The only thing is that my timetable may be 5 years or more, at this point. Now, if you want to come out just to run to the range, do some combatives and weapon retention training, some room clearing walk-throughs and stuff like that... I'm available now. I probably won't have my own classroom and facilities for at least five years, though.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Sat Mar 02, 2013 2:47 am

Ha, no problem TG. I'm still a broke student anyway, but I might have the funds for a trip in a year or so. :wink:

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Mar 02, 2013 4:09 pm

jimothy_183 wrote:Ha, no problem TG. I'm still a broke student anyway, but I might have the funds for a trip in a year or so. :wink:
Sounds like a plan, sir!
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

civiliansheepdog

Post by civiliansheepdog » Sat May 11, 2013 9:42 am

Found a training group in Vancouver, pretty much what I'm looking for. I like the way the instructor teaches. Only problem is it's a carbine rifle mostly but you can use handguns to train. So as of right now just doing static shooting, and saving up to get a carbine rifle.

Return to “Training, Teaching and Mentoring”