Roll Up (Riser/Roller/Shutter) Door

Forum to discuss explosive and mechanical entry.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Roll Up (Riser/Roller/Shutter) Door

Post by Ryan » Wed Jul 15, 2015 6:58 pm

Best way to deal with them? Same with security curtains?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Viking

Re: Roll Up (Riser/Roller/Shutter) Door

Post by Viking » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:43 am

Depends on the material. Garage door material, insulated aluminum or wood is easily defeated with a chainsaw. Metal roll up doors commonly found in ghetto commercial districts will need a K12 saw. Better to attack the lock points than cut the whole door. Or push in/pull out with an MRAP if ur really looking to get in quickly and are into breaking stuff :twisted: . Some guys swear by the Broco torch but carrying that tank around doesn't excite me.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 3:44 am

Also depends on if you're doing a dynamic entry. I've seen rams used for a deliberate entry where we had a PIR system deployed and knew that the space was unoccupied.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Aug 06, 2016 2:06 pm

Security curtains provide more privacy then protection as I see it. With a Hallegan(Whats their name?) tool just punch it in near the bottom and pull out the lot if youre lucky. Make sure you rip out as many slots af fast as possible to get everyone inside without getting stuck on the slats, and as last man not covering the outside trow them as far away as time allows you.

Garage doors are alminium-insulation foam panels, and can be quite tough. We use an motorized angle grinder for best effects.

One note on these types of doors is that the type guided by rollers sometimes is best pushed in. The rest of them are usually cut-to-size on the spot by carpenters. Rather then being lazy or late they mostly are cut a lot shorter then the designers specify, weakening the system.

Alfa47

Post by Alfa47 » Thu Aug 11, 2016 1:32 pm

Breacher01 wrote:Hallegan(Whats their name?) tool
Hooligan(hoolie, also called halligan due to the name of the guy that designed it) tool.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Fri Aug 12, 2016 6:11 am

When I was a firefighter, it was the "Hallie".
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 1:28 pm

Pretty funny that everyone uses another name for it, yet we all know exactly what tool we are talking about.

Firefighters use it in pairs right? Where one does the placement of the tool, and the other whacks it with an axe or mallet?
I wish I had the luxury... Most of the time I'm responsible for mechanical breaching on my own.

Are there more operators here that have a "dedicated" forcible entry role in their team?

Return to “Breaching / Forced Entry”