Burglar Bars

Forum to discuss explosive and mechanical entry.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Burglar Bars

Post by Ryan » Tue Mar 17, 2015 6:28 am

How do you deal with them?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Viking
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Burglar Bars

Post by Viking » Thu Apr 28, 2016 2:53 am

Bar pulls with the Bear Cat. I've seen the Broco torch work pretty well too but have not used it myself. Anyone had any lunch with explosive breaching them?

tacticalguy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tacticalguy » Fri Apr 29, 2016 6:31 pm

Used a first out truck from the fire department, before with a chain. An APC once or twice. Never tried a breaching explosive. Thermite works well, though, I can attest to that. The TEC Torch is a great item. The only thing about that, however, is that who ever is using the torch is in the fire zone. I would prefer to yank it off with a chain. You can sometimes take some of the wall with the bars and leave a handy hole to fire into the structure.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Fri Jul 21, 2017 5:59 am

tacticalguy wrote:Used a first out truck from the fire department, before with a chain. An APC once or twice. Never tried a breaching explosive. Thermite works well, though, I can attest to that. The TEC Torch is a great item. The only thing about that, however, is that who ever is using the torch is in the fire zone. I would prefer to yank it off with a chain. You can sometimes take some of the wall with the bars and leave a handy hole to fire into the structure.
May i ask why you mention thermite, which is susceptible to gravity and relatively slow burning, instead of shaped charges/det-cord?

Also i would like to note the difference between wood-structured houses like in warmer us and australia, compared to brick and mortar or even concrete buildings like in most moderate/cold climates?

In europe and the ukraine where i met these bars they were either built into the concrete, or placed on the inside afterworths. on a wood framed house you can use anything from a halligan tool to a pickup truck, but when built into the concrete my unit dooest have a tool to pull it out. we have however an older YPR APC with a boom on it to smash them in. this APC weighs 14 metric tonnes(14000kg) is a usefull tool to breach allmost anything.

My team moves in fast armored german sedans... we have got a usefull van though. a bearcat? really?

Return to “Breaching / Forced Entry”