Breach Points & Types

Forum to discuss explosive and mechanical entry.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Breach Points & Types

Post by Ryan » Sun Jul 15, 2012 8:10 am

Firstly how do you decide your MOE? Then...

How does the selection process go in terms of area selection for a breach position? It would obviously depend on material, object you are against and what you have by hand but how does that work? For example you have to have a safe stacking distance solved by a simple calculation. And what types of breaching methods are there? For example vehicle breaching, mechanical, explosive, thermal and so on. Do drills depend on the size of the breach, type of breach used, etc?

INTO THE BREACH!

EMOE.

The "Israeli Tunneling System" - Make your own door!
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Re: Breach Points & Types

Post by Ryan » Fri Oct 12, 2012 4:04 am

Do you think wall breaches are more effective than door breaches? Coming through a wall in comparison to coming through the fatal funnel of an expected area like a door.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Mon Oct 22, 2012 1:19 am

Ryan wrote:Do you think wall breaches are more effective than door breaches? Coming through a wall in comparison to coming through the fatal funnel of an expected area like a door.
It all depends on the situation, to be honest. My goal is always to bring all of my team home, alive and unhurt, if possible. Any assault plan that I formulate has that requirement at the top of the list. Second place goes to rescue of any hostages or extraction of HVTs. Third is rendering the bad guys no longer effective. So, my question is, which breaching entry will most effectively answer those priorities while it's being planned out? I point out that while planning the assault, factors can change by the time it's go time. What if the breach point that you chose in the wall is no longer viable because hostages have been placed against it on the other side? Sometimes, the best choice you have is still going to be a poor one. Sometimes, your people are going to be in a high risk situation, higher than what you think is acceptable, at least. But, you still have to go. That's what sucks about leading a team, sometimes. R/L isn't a game, you can't hit reset on the XBox/PS3, whathaveyou. Sometimes, your people are going to get hurt and that's a bad day. And sometimes, you have a really BAD day. That's part and parcel to being the guy that leads.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:08 am

tacticalguy wrote:Sometimes, your people are going to get hurt and that's a bad day. And sometimes, you have a really BAD day. That's part and parcel to being the guy that leads.
The "burden of command" is it not?
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Fri Oct 26, 2012 4:13 pm

jimothy_183 wrote:
tacticalguy wrote:Sometimes, your people are going to get hurt and that's a bad day. And sometimes, you have a really BAD day. That's part and parcel to being the guy that leads.
The "burden of command" is it not?
Absolutely. That's why I prefer being the team sgt who gets to make recommendations and oversees the training. Being the OIC is too burdensome.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Return to “Breaching / Forced Entry”