Medical Audio Files

Moderators: jimothy_183, Ryan

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Medical Audio Files

Post by Ryan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:16 am

Anyone know were I could get a hold of some audio files (.wav, etc) of some actual or faked (but realistic) symptom/conditions on an audible format? For example the rush of air during a pneumothorax or needle decompression.

Example above.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Re: Medical Audio Files

Post by Ryan » Thu Nov 29, 2012 7:11 am

Found a way to download, extract and convert for my format - .ogg, .mp3 or .wav. Works pretty well, hard thing is finding and putting together quality sounds.
Littmann Stethoscopes do some great online resources once you buy one of their products - including 50 free heart and lung sounds of which I'm using.
They work great in any powerpoints (ppts) you use.

http://www.easyauscultation.com/lung-sounds.aspx
http://www.wilkes.med.ucla.edu/inex.htm

Still can't find trauma audio, but video footage recorded and/or converted may do the trick.
Audacity and such recording software does not work with my sound card unfortunately so I'm going this about the long way!
I'm definitely not making my own sounds so, any help would be appreciated. Especially for any kind of trauma condition.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “TCCC/Combat First Aid”