persona first aid kit

Moderators: jimothy_183, Ryan

perfectskin69

persona first aid kit

Post by perfectskin69 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 12:53 pm

hi again,what ''things'' do you think you'll need for a personal first aid kit for bullet trauma,knife stab,burn and generally all around kit but in small size for one person!!
thanks!!!

Ryan

Re: persona first aid kit

Post by Ryan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:08 pm

Depends on your level on training and what you can do, i.e. don't pack an OPA or NPA if you can't use it or wouldn't feel confident using it. It could cause more damage than benefit. I had a few links to some good lists, will look again for them...
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

perfectskin69

Post by perfectskin69 » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:32 pm

my trainning is just very basic things from a friend who works in ems and show me some things,not somthing special but for treating my self,if i can breathe and move,till paramedics arrives in scene.
if have any good links pm me!!thanks

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:48 pm

Move - Splint.
Breathe - Depends what's stopping you from that.

It's all the products that get confusing, as always. They offer you fancy shiny things and specials -- You can buy a Samsung TV, but does it have this? DOES IT HAVE THAT? So many options and somehow one option allows you to perceive it better than that without but in reality it's how you use it and if it's of value to that equation.

Everyone has their preferences, opinions are like arseholes, everyone has one.

http://board.gearsoc.com/viewtopic.php?f=37&t=231 - Here's a read.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

perfectskin69

Post by perfectskin69 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:59 am

ok i got it now!!!don't hear any one just buy what you are able to use with your knowledge right??
so i'm making my kit these days and i wrote a list with few things whta do you think??
1.gauze pads for clearing trauma area 2.israeli bandage for coverin that area 3.combat tourniquet for hard times!!!
4.gloves 5.scissors 6.splint 7.ammonia and iodine for small scratches and wounds 8.celox or quiklot i don't know what they sell in my country
and finally i found a chest seal pad but i don't know if i'm gonna purchase it cause we talk for personal kit,to heal my self.
what do you think of the items??and in and out??

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:04 pm

Sounds good. Israeli bandages come with tourniquet? CAT's are good anywhoo.

perfectskin69

Post by perfectskin69 » Sat Jul 14, 2012 11:40 pm

the one i own yes it can work as cat!!i've never try it but from utube i saw how it work and i came into conclusion that it can be used as cat!!any more recommends??

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Jul 21, 2012 8:15 am

Ammonia and iodine? You want a topical antiseptic? I.e. betadine? Beware of allergies. Tag yourself.

perfectskin69

Post by perfectskin69 » Sun Jul 22, 2012 12:01 pm

i'm ok with bedadine,but i didn't know that creates allergies!!!yes for topic use and light trauma i think it's ok!!cause i work on street every day and i deal with small thinks such as teeth bites small knives etc!!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Oct 26, 2012 11:09 pm

Betadine allergies, as with all allergic responses going onto severe responses (anaphylaxis), can create a life-threatening situation. This on topic of an already life-threatening situation isn't good. You can be talking a blocked airway even that needs emergency response such as a drug to counter-act it.

Return to “TCCC/Combat First Aid”