comments

Forum to discuss hand to hand combat.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
nikspanoudakis
Civilian
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

comments

Post by nikspanoudakis » Wed Nov 12, 2008 3:34 pm

first of all why is this forum topic called unarmed combat. i don't have any real experience in cqb since i am a civilian, however my hand to hand combat study made one point clear : there is no unarmed combat. every cqb guy is armed, even if he gets disarmed from his rifle, smg etc. he should have a knife available for combat. after all if an adversary engages you in close combat and you are armed it would be stupid to try to shoot him since you won't have the time to aim or probably he has already pushed your guns point away.
Another commnent i want to do is about the products section of the cqb-team.com website, these products collection is just bad. None of these books has a good content. if someone like me read from these books about cqb, he would still remain confused about cqb tactics.
Does anybody out there knows a good cqb tactics book with contents like entry methods,cqb gear and hand to hand combat techniques etc. ?

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Nov 12, 2008 4:38 pm

Hi nikspanoudakis

Unarmed combat is just a name but you are right Hand to hand is a better name, I will consider chancing it when I have time.

About books, DVD and other cqb stuff I think that the products on cqb-team are very good but, I haven’t found a book that contain it all in details. You must remember that cqb isn’t easy to find and almost unit will try to keep it a secret, but If you find the cqb bible please tell.

jcheng14
Civilian

Post by jcheng14 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 8:12 am

Unarmed combat is legitimate though. As you well know, CQB environments move quickly. Often times one might not be able to get to your knife if somebody surprises you. Other times, one might not want to knife a non-combantant that must be put down or moved out of the way.

JW417G
Law Enforcment

Post by JW417G » Wed Feb 25, 2009 7:55 am

The term most commonly used for hand-to-hand combat / defensive tactics in a CQB environment is "combative countermeasures". This simply means an unarmed, uncompliant, combative subject confronted by an armed (at the "ready") LEO who is unable to justify the use of deadly force at that moment.

Everyone is built differently. So, there is no one defensive tactics system that will work for everyone. The one you choose should be easy for you to learn and apply, and incorporate bio-mechanical techniques. Pain-compliane techniques are OK. But, most people who fight with LEO's are chemically altered, meaning they will have a high pain threshold.

Bio-mechanical techniques work regardless if intoxication. I have found Systema ("Physical Conflict Resolution" as Strategos teaches it) to be the best system for me. It is completely principle-based and focuses on bio-mechanical concepts. Once you understand the principles, you make up your own moves based on the environment and the suspect's position in relation to you.
Stay safe!
Jason

RaidonTactics

Just sharing our partners school

Post by RaidonTactics » Thu Aug 13, 2009 4:07 pm

http://urbanmcp.com/urban.html

Training is top notch, I heard and hopefully I will get the oportunity to train.
Grant Reyes
Raidon Tactics
Law Enforcement Director
http://www.raidontactics.com
"Training Professional Warriors"

Ryan

Re: comments

Post by Ryan » Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:42 am

Well actually WW2 reports made it clear that H2H does happen and actually not as rarely as you'd think. A Soldier's mindset, an Infantry mindset, a Fighters mindset tells you be ready for anything and be ready to DO ANYTHING.

"I have been to two swat schools. One for the USAF EST school and I have been to a FLETC taught school at Ft. Lenordwood. The number one thing they both drilled into our heads was violence of action. You can take it slow and safe when in a movement phase of clearing, but when in a breaching phase or some sort of dynamic entry you need to move quick and with such violence the whoever is on the other side is so shocked by the action they fail to react. We where taught when entering a doorway if someone is directly in front of you is to punch that person or riflebutt that person in the face so they go down and don't impede the team. We were also taught that is the first person goes down you do not render SABC [Self-Aid Buddy Care] until the area is secure. Stopping to help someone can get the whole team killed."

It's an integral part of warfare and teaches you not only the base element but skills, techniques and philosophy that will expand generally.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Jul 21, 2012 3:36 am

FLETC in Leonard Wood? I didn't know that they did it there too, now. I know about Glynco. I was taught the same thing about SABC. When the area is secure THEN, you render aid so that the team can continue to clear and ensure the aid can be given successfully.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Jul 28, 2012 5:14 am

What about in terms of melee upon entry into the room?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Sat Jul 28, 2012 6:50 am

With things like wallflood and immediate threat it is quite possible for a BG to get close enough to render ballistic weapons ineffective and begin grappeling.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sun Jul 29, 2012 5:21 am

If that occurs, the team keeps moving forward, secure in the knowledge that the team-mate can hold his own until another team member can assist. Once the last team member has come even with the team-mate down grappling, he assists. That goes back to continuous, non-stop training with the knowledge that "good enough" isn't in your team's lexicon.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Return to “Hand to Hand Combat”