Tim Waid

Forum to discuss hand to hand combat.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Tim Waid

Post by Ryan » Tue Mar 19, 2013 10:59 pm

Never heard of this guy before but he teaches very well... The only problem is he SOUNDS like Wagner, almost the same accent. :lol:
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

civiliansheepdog

Re: Tim Waid

Post by civiliansheepdog » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:19 am

Pretty interesting. But I'm wondering does the military actually get taught of "knife fighting" arts, like any filipino kali? I'd imagine it'd be something gross motor skills instead of fine motor skills. I've haven't been to many knife fighting arts but I think in my opinion Michael Janich's Martial Blade Concept is quite practical to say. In my combatives class it's pretty much the curriculum we kinda follow along with some techniques from Bob kasper too

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:29 am

Some I'm sure do, look at USSF in the Philippines. It's apart of the research and critique process, how they put new systems together.

I would think the stick fighting in his other videos would pertain more towards LE and using batons.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

civiliansheepdog

Post by civiliansheepdog » Wed Mar 20, 2013 1:35 am

That's true, the stick fighting would be more applicable towards LEO.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Wed Mar 20, 2013 3:14 pm

I've long been a fan of Kali and Arnis. My Escrima sticks are prized possessions. Tim Waid's form and technique are quite good.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

ghelemabz

Post by ghelemabz » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:53 am

me too my uncle used to teach me how to use arnis its kinda hard at first but longer and longer i'd been loving it

Return to “Hand to Hand Combat”