Strategic Edge CQC - Hit or miss?

Forum to discuss hand to hand combat.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Strategic Edge CQC - Hit or miss?

Post by Ryan » Wed Nov 21, 2012 9:11 pm

You know the type. Make a new "system". Say they're gurus. Even call their course CQC!
Not to totally diss it, every fighting style has some aspects which are good, but I kind of don't get it.

Failure. I mean, how applicable is that in a real fight?
His "force on force" videos just show a play fight which has been acted out.
If someone was coming at me, I wouldn't feel comfortable doing this. I mean I can see where some knife hand strikes and low kicks could come in handy but... 8) Skeptical. Your thoughts?

"I AM ALSO AN ADVANCED INSTRUCTOR OF 8 SYSTEM MMA CONCEPTS - IT IS A NEW MARTIAL BASED FROM BRUCE LEE'S JEET KUNE DO...SOME WOULD CALL IT POST JKD CONCEPTS - IT TOOK OVER 15 YEARS OF DILIGENT STUDY IN ALL ASPECTS OF THE MARTIAL ART IT'S CONCEPTS & PHILOSOPHY"
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Strategic Edge CQC - Hit or miss?

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Nov 24, 2012 6:54 am

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL. The first video was simply telling you about some very common strikes used in martial arts in general. The second video was the laugh factory! Look at 4 seconds in when he overbalances and almost falls in the opponent. If the other guy hadn't stepped back and ducked down, stopping... Nope! Not gonna take any instruction from this clown. Sorry, not trying to be cruel here but, the most impressive things about him were the ink sleeves on every limb. Epic Fail.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Jan 20, 2013 3:25 pm

I like the way he talks about it's from Bruce Lee's this when Bruce Lee stated numerous times that one style does not work, have no style! Have no system!
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

tacticalguy
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by tacticalguy » Mon Feb 04, 2013 2:18 pm

LMMFFAO!!!! I went back and watched it again. I need to go wipe the tears from my eyes. Too funny!
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Return to “Hand to Hand Combat”