ISR Matrix

Forum to discuss hand to hand combat.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

ISR Matrix

Post by Ryan » Tue Nov 13, 2012 2:22 pm

Thoughts on such? For more videos, youtube "ISR matrix".

Counter-grabs, under-hooks, good for a non-aggressive opponent.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Davo
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ISR Matrix

Post by Davo » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:35 pm

And good for aggressive opponents as well. This short clip focusses on LE applications against common resistance when taking someone into custody. It's not always a knock down brawl. The beauty of ISR Matrix is not only that it's high probability, but that it's also scalable depending on the circumstances. For example I've used the same technique to restrain a naked female distraught psych patient and a violent brawler in a bar, yet also used it to assist in removing a machinery operator from the cabin of an excavator when he was suffering chest pains.

I've trained in most of the popular systems available and found ISR met my needs and wasn't left wanting in any area. It's the only LE system I've come across that will actually hold up under the pressure of an attack from a trained resisting offender. Where the other systems rely on talk of combat mindset to offer some hope that the officer might get lucky and survive a beating and come out on top, ISR exponents actually have proven functional skills and a defined strategy and game plan that will go the distance more often than not.

nathanwagar
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: ISR Matrix

Post by nathanwagar » Sat Feb 08, 2014 9:37 am

ISR Matrix is excellent, and Paul Sharp, who is the source of 99% of the physical curriculum before he split away, is a stud and a close friend. He teaches MDOC (MultiDisciplinary Optimization Coursework) now. A lot of the same material, different name.

Return to “Hand to Hand Combat”