Videos

Moderator: jimothy_183

Ryan

Re: Videos

Post by Ryan » Wed Apr 25, 2012 4:55 am

Yeah more saying it wasn't that smooth, needs more practice. I don't think it would of dealt with anyone who was trained, a smooth version might of.

What do you guys think of this?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:00 am

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

badger

Post by badger » Wed May 09, 2012 9:48 am

another video covering entries, shooting drills, hands transitions, etc

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri May 25, 2012 4:24 am

Absolutely awesome video Badger. Great muzzle awareness and safety precautions. At the start it looked like 'stealth scenarios' and turned into full-blown assaults and vehicle take-downs.

Some parts I don't get, for instance hand signals + muzzle down while there is an open door infront. It may have already been cleared (? If so ignore the statement) but one man comes to cover it. But in the same scenario you see guys covering all threat areas, very professional.

Some instances the individual with the camera was VERY FAST. The individual clearing methods were great. On some of them he checks the whole ceiling, why is this? Doesn't this make you dizzy? :P Your whole is covered - your area is dominated. A whole team focusing on their area for the objective goal is awesome to see.

Engage threat, move onto the next threat or clear the other vital areas of the room. I notice you like to double to triple tap before moving onto the next threat... interesting. Some teams only shoot once, which needs its feedback.

Overall good critique!

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Fri May 25, 2012 11:50 am

Ryan wrote:Some parts I don't get, for instance hand signals + muzzle down while there is an open door infront. It may have already been cleared (? If so ignore the statement) but one man comes to cover it.
Some guys like to just keep the muzzle down so they don't have to worry about sweeping anyone but I would also question why the threat area was covered with a low ready, perhaps it's so that the operator has a completely unobstructed view of the area?
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

tangosvk

Post by tangosvk » Fri May 25, 2012 9:56 pm

Ryan wrote:Absolutely awesome video Badger. Great muzzle awareness and safety precautions. At the start it looked like 'stealth scenarios' and turned into full-blown assaults and vehicle take-downs.
sometimes we are shooting on the edge but still safety is number one on the training, but if you want train close to reality you have to go on the edge
Ryan wrote:Some parts I don't get, for instance hand signals + muzzle down while there is an open door infront. It may have already been cleared (? If so ignore the statement) but one man comes to cover it. But in the same scenario you see guys covering all threat areas, very professional.
area was cleared, only regrouping. what about hand signals?
Ryan wrote:Some instances the individual with the camera was VERY FAST. The individual clearing methods were great. On some of them he checks the whole ceiling, why is this? Doesn't this make you dizzy? :P Your whole is covered - your area is dominated. A whole team focusing on their area for the objective goal is awesome to see.
that individual with camera thats me :D thak you :wink: that is not only about ceiling, that part of CQB is cut off from video, I have a reason for it, but here I can explain it for you. third man has own goals. 1st.: focus on threat in the middle of room. 2nd.: help shooters on wings if they need it (weapon malfunction, someone of them is wounded or dead after shooting) in same time when they do not need his help his responsibility is upper space. there can be a hole in ceiling, or stairs up, balcony, etc. he have to check it, there can be pipes, tubes or space up on cases or another furniture. shooters on wings are covering space on the ground, checking beds, obstacles, corners, new doors ets. third man finish his job when he check back wall and space behind doors, because if you open them you cen cover next door behind then to next room. so it is not dizzy. then the area is dominated.
Ryan wrote:Engage threat, move onto the next threat or clear the other vital areas of the room. I notice you like to double to triple tap before moving onto the next threat... interesting. Some teams only shoot once, which needs its feedback.
bullet has not a magical power...you have to shoot more like one times on threat
Ryan wrote:Overall good critique!
every critique is good

tangosvk

Post by tangosvk » Fri May 25, 2012 10:31 pm

jimothy_183 wrote:
Ryan wrote:Some parts I don't get, for instance hand signals + muzzle down while there is an open door infront. It may have already been cleared (? If so ignore the statement) but one man comes to cover it.
Some guys like to just keep the muzzle down so they don't have to worry about sweeping anyone but I would also question why the threat area was covered with a low ready, perhaps it's so that the operator has a completely unobstructed view of the area?
it takes time when your brain (OODA loop) decide you will use your gun or not. it is not about moving and shooting everythink. then easy way are grenades :lol:
so that half of second you can bring your gun on threat.

second reason is you can move around corner of doors faster, HK MP5 SD6 is heavy on the muzle, take a light kettleball and move with it around corner of doors with the rise hands like you have a gun...than lower it down...it is a physic. and when you that SD6 taking up ...in the middle of doors...that weight push you forward...try it with pipe or heavier gun. it is physic nothing more.

third reason, there can be "tango" on the edge of the door, behind the wall...one hand he has ready to push your gun out of him, he grab it when you have high ready...in second hand he have a handgun and he shoot you to your dace from very close distance. or he push his knife to your neck or etc.
it is very efective contra technique on the edge of doors or corners when you dont have a space
so if your gun is low ready you have better chance to shoot him to legs an zip him up to the head. it is difficult to grab weapon if it is low like high.
it is faster when you can shoot him to legs, like he grab your gun and you have to take your pistol to shoot him to pelvic area.
he can kneeling behind wall, suspect is not moving on ceiling...but on ground...and this is short moving of weapon to shoot him down when he is kneeling. if you have low ready...entry techniques when the members of the team has weapons with muzzle up is good for space missions on the moon where is no gravity an suspect can be in the air. but here we have gravity...and he will be standing on the ground on kneeling...so it is better to start from floor like from ceiling.

tangosvk

Post by tangosvk » Fri May 25, 2012 11:15 pm

Ryan wrote:What do you guys think of this?
00:00 second and third member have to cover new corner behind doors ( best way from left shoulder ) their guns have to work not to be idle
00:01 ... it is rule at first time to secure entry point, there can be shooting from that corner, or grenade threat. first secure corner (entry point) then check the door.
push/pull doors - lock and hinges diagnostic

00:07 point man is securing door and he is moving on hinges. second member is moving with him to check the corner...two man job
if point man is leader and this is not his duty he makes a space for second member to cover the doors and third man check the corner.

breaching is taking more then 4-5 seconds...they totally lost their moment of suprise...they have to change entry technique...
it is good to have main breaching technique and ready back up technique if there are troubles (for me ram or hammer in this case and second shotgun, but sometimes you are working with this what you have)

may I continue? because there is a lot of mistakes in my POV and I dont want to make a flame here. full respect for these guys

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat May 26, 2012 1:26 am

Continue. Any critique is better than none. Thanks for the comments. Great replies.

Now I understand you were regrouping and the area was clear, fully understandable. Absoultely great. :)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:53 am

Reckon to this? USASOC Demonstration.

tangosvk

Post by tangosvk » Mon Jul 30, 2012 9:33 pm

too much death erors in CQB

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue Aug 28, 2012 2:47 am

Kind of errors?

perfectskin69

Post by perfectskin69 » Thu Oct 11, 2012 3:57 pm

tangosvk wrote:
too much death erors in CQB

??can you explain?? i found it very good movement maybe slow for dynamic but it;s good

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Thu Oct 11, 2012 6:02 pm

Ok I Will start: No back-up for the first entry team.... could be better
http://CQB-Team.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/CQBteam
Tactical education and motivation.training info for the soldier that wish to learn the art of CQB.

perfectskin69

Post by perfectskin69 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:12 pm

heres an other one not too good but team clearin

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRRMFVZX ... re=related

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Nov 16, 2012 10:19 am

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Nov 18, 2012 11:46 am

2:48+ Now that's how you clear with the Minimi. :lol: :twisted:

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Jan 17, 2013 1:31 pm

ClearRight

Post by ClearRight » Fri Feb 08, 2013 6:45 pm

Ryan wrote:

Reckon to this? USASOC Demonstration.
Was going to post this myself. Some good things in there. I particularly like that they shoot until the threat is down. At one point, no1 engages with a few rounds as he enters, then turns into the room, letting no2 finish the threat - as opposed to just moving towards the threat. There does seem to be a lot of time with just one gun on target at a time, though.
More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.
- Paul Howe

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Jun 22, 2013 12:33 am

On Conquest Urban Ops -- What do you think of the 'train' method of going room-by-room? Also, not seen in the video but what do you think of a variation of that - the 'walk through'?

Return to “CQB Team TTP/S”