Videos

Moderator: jimothy_183

Ryan

Videos

Post by Ryan » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:00 am

Teaching actors how to be SWAT haha. Conquest Urban Ops.

What do you think of the 'train' method of going room-by-room? Also, not seen in the video but what do you think of a variation of that - the 'walk through'?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Dramatikk

Re: Videos

Post by Dramatikk » Sat Sep 03, 2011 2:56 pm

Ryan wrote:
Teaching actors how to be SWAT haha.
Interesting business I must say ... hehe

I know that "OpsGear" runs hollywood boot-camp, where they teach actors how to act like professional soldiers.

There is also a norwegian firm that conducts these types of courses in military acting for the movie industry, but I don't recall this firms name ... :?

Does not "CRI" also arrange acting courses for the movie industry conserning military tactics?

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)
Last edited by Dramatikk on Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:05 pm

thanks for posting this video I looked for it alot.

Can some one please tell me what kind of "shotgun catch" they are using?
you can se it at: 03:49, 06:32, 11:47, 14:16, 14:30.
http://CQB-Team.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/CQBteam
Tactical education and motivation.training info for the soldier that wish to learn the art of CQB.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 3:58 am

Dramatikk wrote:I know that "OpsGear" runs hollywood boot-camp, where they teach actors how to act like professional soldiers.

Thumbs up for OPSGear. Teaching reservists and civilians.

In the first Conquest video, what is the tactic/formation used in 17:40? 2x clear both HC's and next comes in 12o'clock and takes a knee covering the front, next 2x come in left and right of him covering the oblique angles left and right.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sun Sep 04, 2011 5:48 am

Good question. The person kneeling might spottet a threat and are covering it?
Tactical education and motivation.training info for the soldier that wish to learn the art of CQB.

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Sun Sep 04, 2011 6:48 pm

In the first video "Conquest", are they using the "Rolling Point" method when they are moving down the hallways?

And is not the "Rolling Point" & the "Hall Boss" methods pretty much the same thing?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:38 am

I think they are pretty much the same... same idea, get one guy controlling movement.

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Mon Sep 12, 2011 8:15 pm

One interesting video coming up.

Any thoughts on this one?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Dec 16, 2011 12:45 pm

Thoughts are mostly correct, force on force videos will also tell you this. But training doesn't have to mean to reality, it can mean just to improve X i.e. teamwork, movement, co-ordination and just practicing "tactics" whether applicable in some situations or not. Training to realistic standards will come in force on force training they will do, and tactics will be adjusted off that in my opinion. Now force on force covert, stealth and surprise in your hand is totally different from dynamic and having to make those quick decisions in an unpredictable chaotic moment that not all tactics or handbooks can train you for, as seen with many examples i.e. Iranian Embassy Siege, Air France Flight 8969 Hijacking - these examples show us that you just need to adapt and go with the flow most of the time, and that foundation is set on solid training to promote team unity as you do this. To train at a "realistic" level for your unique situation would be hard to do, it's up to you on what you build beforehand as a foundation to what actions you will take to win the fight, and sometimes that encounters a lot of luck and unpredictable or untrained for moments like the reality of a firefight. And individual decisions vs group decisions make life or death.

To know the threat you come across, their TTP's and to train your force on force guys to fight like they would will give you more of an understanding. You're dealing with a complex human, not some paper target who will sit in the corner for you. You're dealing with something that shoots back, and something that may not react 'normally' or in a controlled fashion that makes sense, thus being unpredictable and causing confusion.

A tactic is only something that gives you an advantage, it may not save your life. I would knock off all these friendly fire issues, because if people keep to their firing lanes, limits of exploitation and what not then there is little to no chance of one of your guys rounds going into them... but if people choose to ignore this then there is a good chance of it... maybe for good reason. :P

But for instance on some of the US Army drills, that would just get them all KIA! Look up some other real war footage, e.g. Chechnyan War videos and you'll see similar things.

From 2:08. Note ran the rabbit for limited space in the hallway. One of the best room clearance videos I've seen, at least from the youtube perspective and great teamwork, aggression and speed into the room; it would give them a huge advantage, even with rounds coming back. :) If you over analyse it you can pick up that on the 3rd camera shot from them behind the door the first man in is covering the second man in with his body, and the bulk of it is front on the frontal plate faced towards the enemy upon entry, he twists into his HC, the 2nd twists into his HC quick check and engages the immediate threat. So even if a shot was fired from this suspect it would at least cover the 2nd man who could then engage instead of clogging up the FF and more getting hit because the enemy is already honed on it i.e. a clusterfuck! That's why it's good them coming from eachside of the door in and using the angles to their advantage, almost a simultaneous entry to cover eachother. They are in the room really fast for 4 guys, and most importantly they get the gun on the immediate target quicker instead of overly worrying about a clear corner, just a quick check whilst getting rounds into the enemy and current and therefore foremost threat. And in reference to speed they are quick over the initial danger point and as they take aim they steady themself and slow up. It looks like 3rd/4th man really pick up the slack with the immediate threat in some of the takes and they are the main guys putting down the rounds hence why all of them must clear the entry point and get in the room very fast. I like on some of the takes they move into the room and see the immediate threat and engage one-two rounds then turn into the HC all within a second or do a quick eye up of it and if clear carry on engaging that main threat, pro drill.

They mix it up in the takes a little, one taking the immediate threat then eye'ing the HC, then the next take it's one taking the HC straight away. I still wouldn't like to be the guy sat there though. :) I think even with rounds coming at them, their survivability rate during that room clearance would still be pretty high in comparison to many others I have seen, even though it's not perfect and no doubt you'd see injured and possibly killed in action. That's reality. Train to win, train to take hits and manage to win.

What is the best video you guys have come across?

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Sun Dec 18, 2011 5:12 pm

Small text, but you can actually see whats being written in those speech-boxes ...

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:59 pm

lol that was an old OLD vid made by my RvS team. :wink:
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Mon Dec 19, 2011 10:48 am

jimothy_183 wrote:lol that was an old OLD vid made by my RvS team. :wink:
HAHA! It sure is a small world, Jimothy. Well, still a cool vid to me ...

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Dec 26, 2011 4:12 am

"Its a very motivational video. I am fortunate to have worked with several CAG guys in my career. They are all top notch and push everyone around them to be better.

At 2:08 Im tracking the team move into a hallway. I don't like it. The first man basically stands in the middle of the hallway and has zero tactical advantage and is a massively exposed target. If your going to pause at the corner why not use it for cover and not expose two guys to an ambush down the hall, then just move a little quicker down the hall.

After that, the room entry. Notice 2 things, the #2 man is often way behind the #1 and they are not synchronized because #1 is in a hurry to get through the door. Also notice they don't engage the threat from the door @2:25 when they throw in a flash bang or even immediately after the bang. Again, they are more concerned about getting through the door and shooting up paper targets. Obviously the guys are good, but show me any tactical advantage to what they do if they don't have surprise and don't have the benefit of getting three or more guys into a room unopposed.

CAG suffered a lot of casualties in Iraq and Afghanistan because they thought these methods would work against a prepared defender. They don't. Very, very few missions require a rush into the room, and even then, most of the work can be done from the door." - Thrash on the Delta video.

perfectskin69

Post by perfectskin69 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:42 pm

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:08 am

Admin wrote:thanks for posting this video I looked for it alot.

Can some one please tell me what kind of "shotgun catch" they are using?
you can se it at: 03:49, 06:32, 11:47, 14:16, 14:30.
Might want to try out a GEAR forum like GEARSOC -- http://board.gearsoc.com/. If they don't know, nobody will! :)

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:25 pm

Thanks.. I give it a shoot

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 4:32 am

Some videos from the SWAT 3 tactics CD

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Fri Mar 30, 2012 1:01 am

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Apr 09, 2012 2:07 am

You guys think of this?
Prepared enemy = whole squad dead.

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Mon Apr 09, 2012 8:44 am

Ryan wrote:You guys think of this?
Prepared enemy = whole squad dead.
http://www.cqb-team.com/forum/viewtopic ... 356&p=4085

Return to “CQB Team TTP/S”