Videos

Moderator: jimothy_183

Re: Videos

Postby ClearRight » Sat Jun 22, 2013 9:47 am

As posted in another thread.
More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.
- Paul Howe
ClearRight

Postby ClearRight » Sat Jan 18, 2014 8:07 pm

Norwegian national SWAT team in a news clip. It's actually about the 10-year team commander leaving because he's unhappy with the lack of progress in the Norwegian police. However, you may find the bits and pieces of CQB interesting. Click the red "play 04:34" button in the video to play. You'll have to survive about 15 seconds of commercials before the actual video starts...

http://www.tv2.no/2014/01/12/nyheter/po ... trZ6_vKzIV

All in Norwegian, unfortunately.

EDIT: Not too happy with their muzzle discipline.
More guns and bullets make bad guys go away faster,
which in turn makes everyone in the area safer.
- Paul Howe
ClearRight

Postby Ryan » Mon Jul 14, 2014 2:16 am

War Games: IDF Urban Warfare. Shows rat tunnels, some entries, etc.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."
Ryan

Postby Ryan » Fri Jul 25, 2014 6:11 am

Ryan wrote:
Teaching actors how to be SWAT haha. Conquest Urban Ops.

A similar video. Blackwater SWAT training.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."
Ryan

Postby Eiffel » Mon Aug 17, 2015 10:41 am

Any thoughts?

Some gripes of my own:

I'm not a fan of single bangers. Would prefer multi-bang NFDDs and following them in rather than waiting outside for them to go off.

A little concerned about the team leader just standing there with his gun pointed at the corner once he engaged his target. IMO with an open door to cover, that should have been the priority. If the target inside was a real person, the team leader may very well have eaten rounds in the side while standing there aiming at his corner.

Also, tac teams need to enunciate clearly. If you are a civilian inside, and you heard "FBIFBIFBIFBIBFIBFI" you may have no idea who it is or what you need to do. Furthermore, with bangers going off, one guy yelling "FBIFBIFBI," and another guy yelling "put your hands up and get on the ground!" I don't think most people would actually react well. IMO in a law enforcement setting, you need to balance the element of surprise while mitigating the risk that the people inside will do something rash because they simply don't understand your instruction.
Eiffel

Postby Ryan » Tue Aug 18, 2015 12:06 am

Eiffel wrote:A little concerned about the team leader just standing there with his gun pointed at the corner once he engaged his target. IMO with an open door to cover, that should have been the priority. If the target inside was a real person, the team leader may very well have eaten rounds in the side while standing there aiming at his corner.

Also, tac teams need to enunciate clearly. If you are a civilian inside, and you heard "FBIFBIFBIFBIBFIBFI" you may have no idea who it is or what you need to do. Furthermore, with bangers going off, one guy yelling "FBIFBIFBI," and another guy yelling "put your hands up and get on the ground!" I don't think most people would actually react well. IMO in a law enforcement setting, you need to balance the element of surprise while mitigating the risk that the people inside will do something rash because they simply don't understand your instruction.

Yes. Communication issues throughout.

Bad juju:
Turning head to talk.
Weapon not facing danger area (open door) with "through-door" immediate threat.
Corner fixation and not pulling into secondary areas of responsibility.
As you say, shouting "FBI" is not an instruction. And instructions have to be clear and precise. It reminds me of the SWAT plane takedown where they shout "Heads down, hands up" which sounds like "Hands down, hands up".

This is typical of paper target theory. The target can't move so it's fine if it's in the other room and I just move out-of-angle and out-of-sight to it. Yeaaaah, right! Oh well, probably for the cameras too. They probably thought it was amazing.

"Eyes down, hands up" might've been better. BTW, bad response to a BOMB threat, imo. Air travel.
People from many countries. People might not understand you. Not talking clearly and accent abominations leads to this. :lol:

Ryan

Postby jimothy_183 » Wed Aug 19, 2015 12:47 pm

Hey Eiffel did you happen to have spent some time as part of a SWAT 4 group called SSF by any chance?
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus
jimothy_183
Military

Postby Eiffel » Tue Aug 25, 2015 11:14 pm

jimothy_183 wrote:Hey Eiffel did you happen to have spent some time as part of a SWAT 4 group called SSF by any chance?

No, I'm afraid not. I like their mod, though!
Eiffel

Postby jimothy_183 » Wed Aug 26, 2015 7:07 pm

Ah ok, cos I spent some time with them and I remember there being a member named Eiffel in it so I thought there was a chance it might be the same person.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus
jimothy_183
Military

Postby Eiffel » Thu Nov 19, 2015 5:10 pm

Eiffel

Previous

Return to CQB Team TTP/S