hand postion

Forum to discuss close quarter shooting.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

david hamilton

hand postion

Post by david hamilton » Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:26 pm

When entering a room through a fatal funnel and your primary weapon is a Glock 22: would you keep both hands on your weapon or would you use your off hand as a barrier while tucking the firearm (Tactical Low Ready)?

Thanks
David

Admin
Site Admin

Re: hand postion

Post by Admin » Mon Dec 27, 2010 8:21 am

I would normaly take option 2, but not lowe ready. Still pointing forward but close to my body
http://CQB-Team.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/CQBteam
Tactical education and motivation.training info for the soldier that wish to learn the art of CQB.

david hamilton

Post by david hamilton » Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:38 am

Thank you.

geryban

Post by geryban » Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:12 pm

both hands on the gun, if its possible. especially in fast movements. Better first two shoot is the most important.... (Glock22 can during shooting with one hand... this is your primary weapon. not your weak hand... :) )
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 5:39 am

Wow, that's a trick question! First, you'd have to get me to carry a Glock! 8) No offense to the Glock lovers in here. I'm a dedicated Sig man, ever since the military. But, if I'm about to enter the "fatal funnel" with my Sig in hand, it would be two-handed. Two handed, I have better control over where my weapon goes while I move my body behind it. I've found that in CQB, if you don't regard your loaded weapon as your axis, you're likely to either hurt someone else (the dreaded muzzle sweep) or yourself. Besides, what good would holding one hand out in front of you, do? If you're moving the way you should, no one is going to be able to grab your weapon and unless you're name is Clark Kent, your hand isn't an invulnerable body part. I've butt stroked people who were foolish enough to rush me as I moved into a dark room. Yes, I laid them down with a concussion but, I kept control of my weapon. Besides, what's a wee bump on the head compared to death? :wink:
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Return to “CQB Shooting”