Revolvers for CQB

Forum to discuss close quarter shooting.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Re: Revolvers for CQB

Post by Ryan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:56 am

The term easy to remedy where I am from means something can easily happen. Therefore I put it as said, misfires can easily happen.

Jams can be devestating due to having less rounds, you can't afford to jam with a revolver.
Last edited by Ryan on Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by jimothy_183 » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:05 am

Well I can see where your coming from so I can agree with it being niether a pro or con.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Apr 28, 2011 10:14 am

What are attachments like when comparing semi's to revolvers in terms of easy to use, operate and stuff? Cylinder would get in the way quite a bit wouldn't it?

I suppose makers have thought about this and made attachments just made for revolvers? Maybe not though.

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Dramatikk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by Dramatikk » Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:19 pm

One Pro for revolvers:

No slide bite. :lol:

This is more of a amateur mistake, but it can also be caused by bad gun design.

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)

geryban

Post by geryban » Thu Apr 28, 2011 9:41 pm

put your support thumb a little bit forward in the revolver (over the cilinder), and you will cry for slide bit... :D :wink:
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Fri Apr 29, 2011 8:50 am

geryban wrote:put your support thumb a little bit forward in the revolver (over the cilinder), and you will cry for slide bit... :D :wink:
You are right there, man. :)

Funny thing we had a little discussion regarding what you described above on the gun club, and some of the members claimed they have put their thumbs forward and under the cylinder without anything happening. They claimed it was just a myth that you could loose your finger by shooting revolver with fingers placed near the cylinder. :x

But I have to add the silly fact that these guys shot 22LR rounds. :lol:

One of these guys later bought a 44mag revolver, and guess what? He ended up in a hospital with a injured wrist and a cut up finger. :shock:
After this episode I never saw that guy back at the gun club again. He have definitley learned a lesson, the 44mag is not to be reckoned with. :twisted:

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)

geryban

Post by geryban » Fri Apr 29, 2011 12:08 pm

We have a funny motto here:
"Woman is not human, beer is not a drink, and bear is not a toy"
44mag is not a toy too... :D
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Tue May 10, 2011 5:31 am

What calibre would be chosen?

geryban

Post by geryban » Tue May 31, 2011 2:37 pm

.357Mag. No doubt.
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:27 am

You can get away with a .38 spl but .357 is recommended if you know your going to fight beforehand.

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:35 am

Hmmm... Never considered this before. I learned to shoot a rifle first, then, a pistol. The first pistol I fired was a Walther .38. Very smooth. I then fired the S&W Model 10. After qualifying on the .38, I moved to the 1911 .45ACP and then the 9mm. Once I found out much fun the semi-automatics were, I just couldn't go back to the revolver unless I was can plinking with friends. Yes, I've seen them used by foreign military and police agencies for CQB and trained their officers but, personal preference? Sig-Sauer P220 or the USP, please?
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:39 am

tacticalguy wrote:Sig-Sauer P220 or the USP, please?
Both are beauties. :) I'd be happy with either personally. Infact, hollywood style, one in each hand. :lol:

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:49 am

Ryan wrote:
tacticalguy wrote:Sig-Sauer P220 or the USP, please?
Both are beauties. :) I'd be happy with either personally. Infact, hollywood style, one in each hand. :lol:
LMAO!!!!!!!!!
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun May 27, 2012 11:56 pm

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Feb 17, 2014 11:42 pm

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:40 am

Use a speed loader?

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Sat Aug 02, 2014 10:55 am

I don't see why not.

Ryan

Re:

Post by Ryan » Sun Aug 03, 2014 1:33 am

Exactly what I was thinking Jimothy. In the video below, you can see he has a speedloader.
geryban wrote:German MEK/SEK units use revolvers secondary for HRW, HosResc, and other operations. They changed the USPs and SIGs. Why?

5:30 onwards. Hamberg SEK. I quite like his PR-24 sheath too.

But geryban, what do you mean non-lethal and gas rounds? What are they called and how much are they?

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 5:10 pm

The dual-action and extra work on the trigger makes follow up shots harder, semi-pistols reset by blowback. I also prefer pistols over revolvers because of the weight, and width.

Return to “CQB Shooting”