CQB shooting techniques and weapons handling

Forum to discuss close quarter shooting.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Jack
Law Enforcment

CQB shooting techniques and weapons handling

Post by Jack » Wed Nov 04, 2009 12:24 am

This is a great video demonstrating some good CQB shooting techniques and weapons handling. These guys are pretty good but frankly they are a little sloppy on a few things. But over all it is very good.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NERiXZu8 ... r_embedded

Admin
Site Admin

Post by Admin » Wed Nov 04, 2009 6:48 am

cool video :wink:

I wonder what the hit rate is?
http://CQB-Team.com
http://www.youtube.com/user/CQBteam
Tactical education and motivation.training info for the soldier that wish to learn the art of CQB.

RonD

Post by RonD » Fri Dec 11, 2009 12:18 am

Good vid :wink:

5shot

Post by 5shot » Mon Mar 01, 2010 8:18 pm

No criticisms here. Only comments for what they are worth.

They used draw rack and shoot at the start.

When they were alternating between pistol and rifle, the pistols already had a round in the chamber.

When moving and shooting, they sometimes moved, stopped, and shot.

They also use a rough Isosceles stance which actually is a bit awkward to use when moving.

In this video of me moving and shooting, I shot one handed with very good results. I am NOT a professional and this was the first time I made a video of me moving and shooting. I only made one take. It was good so it was first and last. An air gun was used which has not much kick. The method used, which is not traditional, is sound as the video shows.

Using one arm allows the body to compensate naturally for the ups and down when walking naturally, as is the case when carrying a cup of coffee with only minimal displacement. The point and shoot method employed provides natural, automatic accurate aiming at CQ without reliance on the sights, though it is not a bar to their use. The method is also applicable to assault rifle shooting.

http://www.pointshooting.com/shoot3.wmv

Here's a pic that shows the small ups and down with walking. The S's indicate when the shots broke. They were taken when COM was pointed at.

The CAR system provides a good platform for moving and shooting.

When shooting together, in several instances, one muzzled the other when they had stopped, reloaded, and moved again. It might be good for the one in the lower position after giving a hand nudge signaling that he/she is ready to go, to wait until the partner returns a hand nudge as a signal that he/she has moved to the side and it is safe to get up and move.

Again, no criticism, just observations.

geryban

Post by geryban » Wed Mar 03, 2010 2:05 pm

good points, BUT.... maybe it ll be a beginning of an interesting conversation

one time they used their secondary loaded, and one time they use it made ready. Not a big deal, have to know using both of these. (let me guess: they are british, or the trainer is from british SF. It like the british SF style, except this gun rolling during racking, i think this is tipically israeli).

do not forget the rule: If your shooting stance is good, you're probably not moving fast enough nor using cover correctly. Jack use the correct word on this: little sloppy. Not a big deal.

Do not forget another rule: lot of system exist. U can do one thing different ways. One of these is the CAR. Have many pros, and many cons. The point is it have to work naturalism, with muscle memory. Go to the range, and train hard.

your "shooting on the move" method is one way. I dont know, who can walking like this during gunfight, but I respect every new wave... So have to try a real gun, fast double taps to moving targets, under stress, hurry to cover...

Last point is correct, the standing operator have to help to stand up his partner. if i would like to stand up from low position i have to know: my partner is prepare for my stand up. So i tap his leg, and he have to pull me up. But this is MY opinion....

So i agree with Jack: "But over all it is very good."

No criticisms, and full respect
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

Dramatikk

Re: CQB shooting techniques and weapons handling

Post by Dramatikk » Thu Mar 31, 2011 3:46 pm

I like the buddy team drills that they are doing, but I agree with other users that the shooting is good but not great.

I noticed when they was shooting on the move, that they both had their arms fully extended. They should have hold their pistols a little closer to their faces for a better sight picture, and also for less pistol wobbling when moving. But all this is more of an personal thing.

Another thing I noticed was that they was standing to close to the barricade and because of this lost some of their recoil control. Standing to close the the barricade also makes it alot harder to transit to multiple targets, because you have not given yourself an easy lean around the barricade.

Other than that the shooting was pretty OK, keeping in mind the easy setup of just two targets standing right next to eachother.

By the way are these guys professional operators or just a couple of civilians posing? I mean these drills was nothing advanced, except the "trust building" drill with one of the two standing between the targets...No wonder they both were wearing masks, they could both have been kicked out of the range.

badger

Post by badger » Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:50 am

Both of that operators are my very good friends.

They are from Slovak Customs Criminal Office’s Intervention Unit ( http://www.specialunits.sk/zjcs_eng.htm)

"They also use a rough Isosceles stance which actually is a bit awkward to use when moving. " - we use it because we are using bullet proof vests, when the panels and most of bullet proof material is located on the front of the vest. Yes, a little bit awkward to use it when moving, but this technique save the lifes.
We have about 30kgs of equipment + guns and ammunition. We are forces to use very stable stance.

Standing from kneel position - operators down give me signal, he is ready to stand, his gun is ready to shoot, he is ready continue in action. I help him stand up, so I have control of his movement up ... Its important for standing operator use his primary/secondary weapon in that position, he CANT accidently shoot kneeling officer if he decide to stand up without signal ( stress, tunel vision, etc....)
Standing operator must be stuck on the back of kneeling operator.

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Sat Apr 02, 2011 3:12 pm

The techniques in the video are similar to what I have been trained to do. I suppose we might have had the same teacher. You would PM me on that one.

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Sat Apr 02, 2011 6:23 pm

Well, sorry Badger if you believe I was to reckless towards your friends. :|

badger

Post by badger » Sun Apr 03, 2011 4:04 pm

Its OK, its discussion. :wink:

tacticalguy

Post by tacticalguy » Sat Mar 31, 2012 6:12 am

I have to say that the video was quite good. The two shooters demonstrated excellent body language communication and while their two man drills could have been a little smoother, I can find absolutely no fault with their technique. These guys moved very well and could have been operators that I trained. I know they're not. They're good though. Another 10k rounds downrange for both of them while they're training with each other and it would look like silk.
If you have `cleared' all the rooms and met no resistance, you and your entry team have probably kicked in the door of the wrong house.
(Murphy's Cop Laws)

The greatest enemy of a good plan is the dream of a perfect plan. (Von Clausewitz)

Return to “CQB Shooting”