Corkscrew Grip

Forum to discuss close quarter shooting.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Corkscrew Grip

Post by Ryan » Wed Oct 21, 2015 12:42 am

CARBINE CORKSCREW GRIP
This grip is about as much tension so you can fire clusters of shots extremely rapidly. We stabilize the barrel by pulling the weapon into our bodies as tight as possible. Think of a corkscrew. It's important to make it clear that we do not and will never fire 2 to the body and 1 to the head (Mozambique). How many rounds does it take to drop or neutralize a terrorist or active shooter? No one knows....so given that fact, and the fact that the terrorist/active shooters goal is to kill as many people in the shortest period of time, we prefer to fire extremely fast clusters of rounds until the threat goes down. 2 is cool, 5 to 7 is better. And no, a one-handed C-clamp grip is not enough. Why stabilize with only one are when you have two? Descent attempt but only half way there...

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military

Re: Corkscrew Grip

Post by jimothy_183 » Wed Oct 21, 2015 3:20 pm

Not sure if I understand fully what the guy in the vid is saying but what I'm getting is that when gripping the carbine with a c clamp you use both hands to pull as tight as you can into your body?

If that is correct than the only problem I have with that statement is the part about pulling as tight as you can. My belief in gripping and manipulation of small arms is that pressure should be firm but also neutral. There should be no need to pull back with full strength as it will cause excessive movement on the rifle and therefore be unstable but also don't just left it sit on the shoulder with no pressure on it as control over the rifle could be lost after firing and cause delay on follow up shots.

The same could be said for gripping that handgun, a vice grip on that handgun will cause excessive movement.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

Return to “CQB Shooting”