Slings CQB Video

Forum to discuss close quarter shooting.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
Ryan

Slings CQB Video

Post by Ryan » Sat Sep 12, 2015 10:57 am

CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Eiffel
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Slings CQB Video

Post by Eiffel » Sat Sep 12, 2015 7:29 pm

Not a mil or even police guy but I'm not sure I agree. If you put the sling around your neck like a necklace you can still do all of the muzzle thumping type things. If you sling it up over the shooting side shoulder and run the other end under your offside arm like many guys do, at the very least it will be harder for someone to take your rifle away. Yes you can get twisted around and such but I'm not sure I buy that this will take you out of the fight. The gun might act as a windlass, but the amount of force it takes to flip a full grown man is pretty sizeable and if you're fighting back I don't think they could easily twist you into a pretzel. The way I see it the less you have to worry about weapons retention the more focus you can put into striking the other guy. If you buttstroke them as he suggests, I wonder how things will go if they manage to block your strike or if they're wearing a helmet + PC? You've effectively handed them your gun and you don't even have a sling to make sure they can't turn it around on you. Yes you can jerk the gun up and down but you can do that with your sling on anyways.

[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Return to “CQB Shooting”