Cooking Grenades

Forum to discuss close quarter shooting.

Moderators: jimothy_183, Admin

Ryan

Cooking Grenades

Post by Ryan » Tue Apr 14, 2015 9:15 am

What are the recommendations for cooking off grenades?
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Re: Cooking Grenades

Post by Breacher01 » Sat Aug 13, 2016 4:33 pm

Count your fingers afterwards?

Cooking a grenade seems dumb. As long as the grenade is in my control in want the handle with it. When the primer goes off there's no way back, you have to use or dispose off the device.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Aug 15, 2016 2:47 am

Breacher01 wrote:Count your fingers afterwards?

Cooking a grenade seems dumb. As long as the grenade is in my control in want the handle with it. When the primer goes off there's no way back, you have to use or dispose off the device.

Oh shit!
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Breacher01

Post by Breacher01 » Mon Aug 15, 2016 9:52 am

In basic training you're supposed to keep the pin for any unforeseen events changing. what good does that do if you lost the handle/spoon? If there are non-combatants who present themselves at the last possible time, or friendlies for that matter, you have to look for a safe place to dispose of your lethal device in so little time making a big mistake seems eminent.

In the new topic i made btw i forgot to mention we have 1,5,1 and 0,5 seconds delay on the fuse, so cooking most types of flashbangs and smokes is not really necessary i think. frags or concussions usually have about 7 seconds if i remember correctly, so you have time to make it live, (1sec), make it fly (2-4 secs for at least 25ft/8m). I only see smoke and gas grenades get thrown or kicked back in real life. A normal person will need 1,5 to 2 seconds to get any limb moving after registering danger.

Return to “CQB Shooting”