Call of Duty Effect

Moderator: jimothy_183

Post Reply [phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable
jimothy_183
Military
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Call of Duty Effect

Post by jimothy_183 » Mon Aug 23, 2010 11:45 am

semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

jimothy_183
Military
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by jimothy_183 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 3:08 am

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Tue Aug 24, 2010 10:30 am

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:23 am

I was confused by the title. I thought one Effects of Call Of Duty is Obesity?

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Wed Aug 25, 2010 10:05 am

Jack wrote:I was confused by the title. I thought one Effects of Call Of Duty is Obesity?
? :?

I don't know if your just being sarcastic but the COD effect refers specifically to people you may or may not have met on or off the internet that claim to be weapons and tactics experts but have only played videogames. (like me :lol: )

This is somewhat like the definition of a "theorist" from "The Tactical Advantage". (damn good book btw)

A couple of these links talk about the link between gamers and real life gun owners, specifically the last 2 links.

The second link is an interesting one as the author talks about his idea of using videogames to springboard the "videogame generation" into shooting sports.

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:40 pm

Sarcastic. Guilty.

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:50 pm

Yeah I figured that out when I found that I misread your first post there the first time. Whoops! :P

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Sat Aug 28, 2010 1:51 pm

But what are your thoughts and opinions on this?

Ryan

Re: Call of Duty Effect

Post by Ryan » Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:50 pm

It's a run and shoot kind of game with no realism.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

geryban

Re: Call of Duty Effect

Post by geryban » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:14 pm

videogames is good, but action movies (chuck norris especially), internet, and airsoft is better... :mrgreen:
I think everyone who are in the range every week smile at these things.
WORK HARD, PLAY HARD!

Dramatikk

Re:

Post by Dramatikk » Sun May 22, 2011 7:53 pm

I pretty much agree with the article above. I think that the "call of duty" kids that is interested in weapons should be introduced for the sport shooting community.

Regarding this phenomenon, it doesn't really irritate me that some kids think that they know much about weapons and weapon handling. This because many kids don't got access to weapons, and therefore the only reference they got to real life is coming through the informasjon they receive from "call of duty" and other related media. So I don't blame the kids for believing that they are weapons experts because they have played every "call of duty" game, and watched some documentarys on discovery channel about AK47. But on the other hand what can you say, kids are kids ... Let them have their little moments.

On a final note, what is bugging me is these kids lack of respect for weapons. Guns are not toys!

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)

Return to “Computer Simulations”