Reaction Time to Shoot, Cadence, Accuracy for M16, AK47, M4

Moderator: jimothy_183

ElaineBlount

Reaction Time to Shoot, Cadence, Accuracy for M16, AK47, M4

Post by ElaineBlount » Thu Jan 14, 2010 8:52 pm

I am working on a tactical simulation and am trying to research valid numbers relating to reaction time to shoot, cadence of shoots, and the accuracy for M16, AK46, and M4 in a real scenario. I have found some information in laboratory settings and can get target accuracy information. But, performance in a real situation is very different from target practice. Does anyone have information about these types of shooting parameters that could help me develop a better simulation as part of my dissertation?

Thanks, Elaine Blount

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:55 pm

Well. I don't have a lot of time to answer your question right now, but I will say that the accuracy of a weapon is rarely in question. The real question is how accurate is the shooter. In almost every occasion the gun will out perform the shooter in a real situation.

As far as reaction time to shoot, this comes down to rules of engagement. If you are simply shooting anything down range then it takes a split second to fire. However if you are heavily penalized for shooting civilians then you will take a lot more time to make sure you are shooting at the bad guys.

If you want to know about how long it takes between shots, I suggest you google "timed shooting drills" as they relate to the weapons you wish to learn about. This will give you videos of people firing so many rounds in so many seconds.

Return to “Computer Simulations”