ARMA 3

Moderator: jimothy_183

Dramatikk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

ARMA 3

Post by Dramatikk » Thu May 19, 2011 7:04 pm

Ryan

Re: ARMA 3

Post by Ryan » Fri May 20, 2011 3:58 am

About time! :P
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Post by jimothy_183 » Fri May 20, 2011 9:12 am

Nice find. Good to know that a new title is in the works.
semper acer , semper velox , semper trux , semper promptus

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon May 23, 2011 6:14 am

Arma 3, the latest installment of the tactical military simulation game from independent developers Bohemia Interactive, creators of the award-winning mil-sim series Arma.

Storyline
Survive, Adapt, Win
After years of intense warfare against Eastern armies, Europe has become the last stand for the battered NATO forces. On the verge of being driven into the sea, NATO command embarks upon a most desperate measure. In the hope of seizing what seems to be a well-guarded military secret, Operation Magnitude is launched. A small group of Special Forces and Researchers are sent to a Mediterranean island deep behind enemy lines. However, the mission is compromised and the task force destroyed, leaving Cpt. Scott Miller washed ashore upon the hostile island. In his effort to carry out the mission, he will face the dangers of modern warfare, an unforgiving environment, and the consequences of his own decisions...

-Survive in the rich & authentic environment
-Adapt to the unsurpassed experience of modern ground combat
-Win the open-ended & story-driven campaign
Combining the strength of its predecessors with radical engine improvements, Arma 3 provides a unique experience of sandbox-oriented combat gameplay in the most detailed environment of the series.

Key features:
-Single-Player Campaign - evolve from a lone prey into a military commander in the open-ended & story-driven campaign.
-Vehicles & Weapons - control multitude of aircraft, vehicles and ships with the accurate simulation, shoot from anything from pistols to the sophisticated weapon platforms.
-Customizable Soldier Load - choose your uniform, assemble your weapon kit, change your loadout, get encumbered.
-Physical simulation & improved animations - take advantage of PhysX™ supporting the vehicle simulation, in-game interactions and the revamped animation system.
-Rich & authentic environment - explore the unsurpassed modern ground combat experience set on the authentic Mediterranean island modeled from the real geographic data.
-Multiplayer Gameplay - challenge both cooperative & competitive scenarios with full support of dedicated servers for both Windows and Linux.
-Completely extensible & moddable - design & create countless customizable scenarios using the intuitive & easy-to-use mission editor.

Ingame Screenshots
Note: some screenies were too big for the forums.
Note: looks like the future soldier project.

Details
Coming: 2012
Rating: target rating
Publishers: Bohemia Interactive
System requirements
Operating system: Windows 7 / Vista
Processor: Intel Core i5 or AMD Athlon Phenom X4 or faster
Memory: 2 GB
Video card: Nvidia Geforce GTX 260 or ATI Radeon HD 5770 with Shader Model 3 and 896 MB VRAM, or faster
DVD: Dual Layer compatible
Hard disk: 15 GB free space
Other: DirectX® 10

Other website addresses:
http://www.arma3.com
http://www.bistudio.com/index.php/english/games/arma3
http://www.youtube.com/user/Arma3official
http://www.facebook.com/arma3official
http://twitter.com/#!/Arma3official

Some people talking about the rebreather system, with bubbles:

"Rebreather do let out some bubbles, but not nearly to the extent of a standard SCUBA system. They are supposed to be a closed-loop that recycles the diver's oxygen for, "Rebreathing." Even with a rebreather, you're not going to get out of the other dangers of diving - nitrogen narcosis, oxygen toxicity, etc." - Question was answered on BIS forums, incase you wondered.

BIS Forums: http://forums.bistudio.com/forumdisplay.php?f=113
Confirmed features: http://forums.bistudio.com/showthread.php?t=119512

Just a note, the terrain is modelled of a real place:

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Mon May 23, 2011 6:18 am

Those system requirements look particularly nasty. If they are really going to be like that for the final release I don't think my system will be able to handle it.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon May 23, 2011 7:06 am

jimothy_183 wrote:Those system requirements look particularly nasty. If they are really going to be like that for the final release I don't think my system will be able to handle it.
Haha yes they do. A BIS developer said they are for "medium to high" graphics settings. I won't be able to play it on a darn laptop anymore. :roll: I'll try anyway, low settings until I get some cash for a rig.

They say there will be more tweaks, upgrades and fiddling around with the engine so that is not the final system specs. Hopefully better optimisation than Arma 2.

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Mon May 23, 2011 7:10 am

Ryan wrote: Haha yes they do. A BIS developer said they are for "medium to high" graphics settings.
Ok well that might be a bit of a relief. I always sacrifice quality for draw distance anyway.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:40 am

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:50 am

interesting stuff. I can only hope that a lot of the basic gameplay stuff has been fixed or polished up in A3.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Jun 08, 2011 12:23 pm

Well they've got a year to polish it up. :P

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set= ... 1357495269

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:43 pm

Yeah but the guys at BIS have a bit of a habit of focusing too much on their ambition with pushing the limits of the game and innovating with new ideas and not caring about all the basic stuff that should have been fixed in A2. Pretty much all the simple things from ACE2 should have been in the vanilla game.

They also seem to have very buggy releases initially. I know its because they have a small development team and have to make publishing deadlines but since the first arma its like they just release it even it the game isn't in a complete state and then complete the game via patches.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Jun 09, 2011 6:32 am

Yup, put some cosmetic over it and say it's brand new. I hope they fix common Arma 2 bugs like hit detections not working properly - that was the most annoying bug.

3:03 - looks like PhysX needs improved.

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Thu Jun 09, 2011 9:39 am

I see various improvements over the board but unfortunately I don't care for a lot of them. As I said I really wish that they would spend more time focusing on fixing the basic gameplay mechanics but the BIS representative in that vid said that an overhaul for the animations is in the making so I will be looking forward to seeing what they come up with.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Jun 19, 2011 1:35 am

Dwarden, Public Relations for BIS:
[22:39] <@Dwarden> well let me put it this way
[22:40] <@Dwarden> my HD5770 and C2D on 4GHz still runs A3
[22:40] <@Dwarden> so there is always some hope

:lol:

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Mon Jun 20, 2011 12:26 am

well I'm still in doubt about my system because I'm using an intel core 2 duo @ 3GHz and a 9600GT which I believe is older than the stuff that BIS PR guy is using.

jimothy_183
Military

Post by jimothy_183 » Tue Jun 21, 2011 12:43 pm

Additionally, ARMA 3 will require a quad-core processor, where previous ARMA games did not. By utilizing all 4 cores of the processor, performance will be drastically increased.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Arma_3

:evil:

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Thu Jun 30, 2011 4:50 pm

Interview with Ivan Buchta, Creative Director of Bohemia Interactive - http://www.armaholic.com/page.php?id=14643

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:22 pm

[youtube3n2LwQXTNyc][/youtube]

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Wed Aug 03, 2011 3:23 pm

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Aug 03, 2011 11:48 pm

Shame he doesn't say 'weehicles' anymore. :P

Return to “Computer Simulations”