Vehicle Tactics

Moderator: jimothy_183

Dramatikk
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Vehicle Tactics

Post by Dramatikk » Wed Apr 06, 2011 3:28 pm

I don't know If I'm asking for to much, but here it goes.

Does anyone have information regarding vehicle tactics, vehicle assault, traffic stops ect...? Just some basic tactics, diagrams and such. :roll:

Kind regards, Dramatikk. :)

RE-EDIT:

Last edited by Dramatikk on Wed Jan 18, 2012 8:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Jack
Law Enforcment
[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file [ROOT]/vendor/twig/twig/lib/Twig/Extension/Core.php on line 1275: count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable

Re: Vehicle tactics...

Post by Jack » Sat Apr 09, 2011 12:59 am

I doubt I would put info down hear about car stops. However it would be appropriate to talk about vehicle tactics when it comes to shooting from, into, around, moving and stationary vehicles. Vehicle ambushes, high speed driving and dealing with barricades could also be talked about. You will have to give me time though. I have none right now.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:06 am

Safety is most important, there is a lot of moving and jumping in and out.

Usually using MP5K's, Drivers use the sling assisted style, with your support arm locked out - creating good control through your frame.
Other guys normally have theirs condition 3 - empty chamber, loaded magazine in place with the selector already on semi-auto, just rack it back and getting going (so you don't go up to full-auto by accident), sling S-folded and rubber banded to the buttstock, so you can grab it and put it on easily.

High-speed offensive and defensive driving tactics cover quite a bit, including ramming into stuff - always fun!

Vehicle assaults are totally different, always trying to get in on blind spots and using a lot of distraction devices - snipers play a key role in stopping the vehicle via taking out the tyres, engine block or driver (normally passengers too in a sniper ambush incase they can still operate that vehicle).

There are lots of drills and practices, especially for VIP protection and the likes.

Car stops, vehicle checkpoints - I won't go into.
CQB-TEAM Education and Motivation.

"Pragmatism over theory."
"Anyone with a weapon is just as deadly as the next person."
"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Thu Apr 21, 2011 9:04 am

"Unopposed CQB is always a success, if you wanted you could moonwalk into the room holding a Pepsi."

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Mon May 16, 2011 2:49 pm

Old 16mm film called, "Felony stops".

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Wed May 18, 2011 9:07 pm

Not exactly CQB but good stuff anyway.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid ... 9073439003#

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Thu May 19, 2011 4:14 pm

By the way, nice video Jack. :wink:

badger

Post by badger » Sat May 21, 2011 1:38 pm

I dont understand why they throw the shield away.

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Sat May 21, 2011 6:04 pm

badger wrote:I dont understand why they throw the shield away.
I think I understand why ... It looks too me that the cover man carrying the shield was also serving the role as the "snatcher" dragging the suspect out of the car.
Just my thoughts, even though you can't really see whats happening on the side where the point man went. :?

Last edited by Dramatikk on Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

badger

Post by badger » Sun May 22, 2011 7:46 am

Man with shield is cover man, he cant be "snatcher" there are too many another operators to be the "snatcher".

If someone have a shield its tactical and safety advantage against the criminal, its illogical to discard such an advantage.
The team continue to the house without advantage - shield.
You can make an entry with shield, and yes you can do it dynamic with shield.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon May 23, 2011 6:09 am

Jack wrote:Not exactly CQB but good stuff anyway.

Hmm, wouldn't you class some parts of vehicular combat as close combat. I would anyway. :roll: I'd do the same for underwater ops in some scenarios.

Jack
Law Enforcment

Post by Jack » Sat Jun 11, 2011 4:53 pm

I suppose I wasn't thinking of vehicle takedowns at the time I wrote it. I was think more of E&E, pit maneuvers, road blocks, J turns, cornering, abs breaking and steering maneuvers, and skid recovery. My bad.

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Sun Jun 19, 2011 5:25 pm

*snip*
Last edited by Dramatikk on Mon Jul 04, 2011 4:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Jun 20, 2011 7:06 am

Yeah, you want to check the boot/trunk of the vehicle, the wheel well and engine block as well as common places like the dashboard and openings or holding compartments. It's good to check under the seats and on the floor.

US Military in Iraq have used linear charges on the top of the rear bumper in the joints between the trunk to effectively blow it open, as of possible VBIED's in the trunk. Unfortunately with vehicles, there are 1,000's of places to hide almost anything.

Endoscopes, useful for a lot of cases. Put a small hole or find a small opening and put it in, some 'tactical' models of optical wands come with small lights on them to see in low light conditions.

Was just watching the news and:
Some robbers rammed and armoured car, onto the opposite lane where another car rammed front on. This other car was actually another pair of robbers apart of the same team who jumped out and tried securing the van.... not too bad a tactic.

You can always ram the back end, near the rear wheel well and cause them to spin out of control. But if they stabilise it they can just get back to going in the same or opposite direction with a bit of speed so it can be counter-productive...

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Aug 01, 2011 3:26 am

What about stopping the vehicle? Disabling it? And how could you protect oneselve from that and natural chokepoints in roadways like speed bumps?

Dramatikk

Post by Dramatikk » Wed Aug 17, 2011 3:01 pm

Anyone got a comment on these car defense instructions?

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:22 am

Homemade. :P I subscribed to that guy for some apparent reason in my youtube past so it musn't be THAT bad....

Pole charge... with a bit of Russian POW! :P

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Sep 04, 2011 8:42 am

Ryan

Post by Ryan » Sun Jan 01, 2012 5:04 am

Interesting.

Ryan

Re: Vehicle Tactics

Post by Ryan » Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:13 am

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4f1Um4z1 ... plpp_video

US Navy SEAL teaching shooting from the back of a pick-up truck.

Return to “Outdoor tactics discussions ”